Away kits

Dethorn

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect contractual issues are involved. England had to wear their away kit at home to Germany because Nike were unhappy that the strip had barely been used.

Also, from the club's perspective they'll want all kits on show enough to encourage more sales. Kids aren't going to be begging their parents for a shirt the team they support never plays in. 

$$$

22 hours ago, Kernow said:

I suspect contractual issues are involved. England had to wear their away kit at home to Germany because Nike were unhappy that the strip had barely been used.

Also, from the club's perspective they'll want all kits on show enough to encourage more sales. Kids aren't going to be begging their parents for a shirt the team they support never plays in. 

$$$

Just to further that,  England away against Scotland, I understand that Nike insist on England playing in their away kit to matter what when playing away, so we play Scotland they are in blue of course and England are also in blue, so natural you would think England would go back to their home kit of white, no Nike got England to dust off the old red away kit which now all of a sudden is now the third kit.

On 11/27/2017 at 13:37, Dethorn said:

What is it with away kits nowadays

I mean why did we have to change to play boro ?

Also I notice brighton in Yellow against Manu surely white versus red and blue versus red are OK ??

Are there contractual reasons or anything like that ?

giphy.gif

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 15:15, Kernow said:

$$$

This is a weird one, actually and something I've never quite got the bottom of... but there is actually a tendency for the home side to wear  their away kit and the away side to wear their home kit in England v Germany matches. See: the last game at the old Wembley, the 5-1 and a handful of others. Do we know why?

Archived