Start games quicker

Curtains

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Come on Gary send them out the blocks faster. 

The issue isn't that we don't start games quick enough, before this weekend's games we had scored the most goals in the first 15 minutes in the league (haven't checked to see if that has changed) it is the lack of sustaining the pressure. We go defensive/containing too quickly. We will have a spell of about 15-30 minutes a game where we look very good, close down high up the pitch, quick 1-2 touch passes then we drop off and sit in.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

The issue isn't that we don't start games quick enough, before this weekend's games we had scored the most goals in the first 15 minutes in the league (haven't checked to see if that has changed) it is the lack of sustaining the pressure. We go defensive/containing too quickly. We will have a spell of about 15-30 minutes a game where we look very good, close down high up the pitch, quick 1-2 touch passes then we drop off and sit in.

I thought against Fulham we started in slow motion. 

It takes too long for us to get going .

Gary needs to address this. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

I thought against Fulham we started in slow motion. 

It takes too long for us to get going .

Gary needs to address this. 

The last 2 games we haven't started quickly enough, agreed, but overall this season it hasn't been the main issue.

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

The last 2 games we haven't started quickly enough, agreed, but overall this season it hasn't been the main issue.

Maybe Reading and Fulham games is what I’m taking this view on. 

I just hope tomorrow night we play well and with high tempo and get  the desired result. 

4 hours ago, rynny said:

I think your right and to be fair it's something that's been happening before rowett arrived and seems to be a hard habit to break ,,, I would be more open to totally blame rowett for this if he was in the main making defensive substitutions but in all fairness he does seem more inclined to make attack minded positive substitutions when games are poised or tight

6 hours ago, rynny said:

Pretty sure its a plan by this point. To absorb pressure for the majority of the game and then play with an attacking intensity in bursts of like 15 minutes. It's happened in so many games so far that it's almost certainly intentional. Probably through worry of our midfield getting too tired. after all it is quite old and Huddlestone looked shattered around the 55th minute against Fulham which is when our pressure started to end.

58 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Forgive my memory but 2 previous home games before Reading I thought we were a tad premature......

Forest and Wednesday we flew out the blocks. 

Not so against Reading and not so Against Sheff U or Bristol City or Fulham on the road. 

3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Exactly... stupid thread.

Its football, sometimes you start well, sometimes the opposition does.

So what.

Football isnt an exact science its a sport with an opponent in the way.

Really it was that slow Saturday I turned the TV off 

Archived