Chris Martin and Nugent

MackworthRamIsGod

I was excited at the prospect of these two playing together, Martin can hold a ball up and Nugent can run, both can score goals. Both are very intelligent players.

I was pleased to see them both start in our first pre-season game, both looked sharp with Martin scoring.

They havent played together since.

I'd like to try a 442, with Vydra and Lawrence on the wings, with Martin and Nugent upfront.

Whats the worst than can happen? 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, wixman and I agree on something. He will get token appearances. Rowett values hard work from his forwards and Martin don't got that.

With less than 50% possession, a press and/or counter attacking style, and no great midfielders to play off his stand still statue flick style, he's gone from serviceable to totally irrelevant. Nugent sorta looking like he will lose his spot to Winnall as well. 

17 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was excited at the prospect of these two playing together, Martin can hold a ball up and Nugent can run, both can score goals. Both are very intelligent players.

I was pleased to see them both start in our first pre-season game, both looked sharp with Martin scoring.

They havent played together since.

I'd like to try a 442, with Vydra and Lawrence on the wings, with Martin and Nugent upfront.

Whats the worst than can happen? 

Who would play as a CM? Huddlestone-Johnson? Horrible thought.

Archived