FIFA 18

Alex W

I would recommend looking in to the difficulty sliders. There are a group of people online if you google "FIFA 18 Community Sliders" that constantly tweak the in game difficulty options which anyone with the game can do in the menus. I play with the setup they recommend and it is like an entirely new game against the AI and has increased my enjoyment greatly.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YouRams said:

The "computer controlled" defenders don't seem to move, the few times they do they run out the way of the attackers. The "player controlled" defenders are too slow and attackers rarely get knocked off the ball just glide through.

High press, fast wingers and a strong striker is all you need no skill to it this year whatsoever.

Ok I'll see what I think when I've finished the story mode. 

Do you think the slow player controlled defenders might be you needing to adjust to the new tackle mechanism? I was tripping myself up with Alex Hunter, not realising I was just going into tackles too hard.

25 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Do you think the slow player controlled defenders might be you needing to adjust to the new tackle mechanism? I was tripping myself up with Alex Hunter, not realising I was just going into tackles too hard.

Possibly, but its something I've seen complained about by a lot this year. I actually enjoyed 17 more when they patched and turned off the auto defence, but this year just seems completely different. Let me know what you think :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Alex W said:

Because the demo doesn't give me an insight into ultimate team which is the only thing I play, any changes there. Ten hours of the actual game for four quid (as well as all the other benefits of ea access for a bit) was well worth paying. 

Ok.. but how could they change ultimate team? 

What change could you expect? 

I haven't bought the new Fifa yet. I play all modes but I do play fut. From the demo I totally agree that it's very arcade but it's different at least. Not necessarily better but a big enough difference to be interested to getting it.

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-sliders/915625-fifa-18-os-community-sliders.html

This is the kind of thing I am referencing for anyone that is interested. Other setups are available to suit your game mode/match length and difficulty if you do a bit of digging.

The minute you go online though the game changes, alright if you only play offline....not sure why anyone would mind you.

On 03/10/2017 at 13:54, StringerBell said:

Read an obvious tip online that has changed the game for me, holding standing tackle instead of pressing it, the defender doesn't dive in, not getting done half as much. Still got AI defenders running out the way of oncoming attackers but the bits I can do I'm enjoying more. 

Avoided buying it this year because the price at launch for what it is is just ludicrous.

Went round to a mates house last weekend to play it for the evening and I was completely shocked. I played the whole evening and couldn't notice a single change other than updated kits. Everything was the same, the player models, the likenesses, the way they moved... everything.

What an absolute con. Worst FIFA in 10 years, and it's not close.

7 hours ago, Srg said:

Avoided buying it this year because the price at launch for what it is is just ludicrous.

Went round to a mates house last weekend to play it for the evening and I was completely shocked. I played the whole evening and couldn't notice a single change other than updated kits. Everything was the same, the player models, the likenesses, the way they moved... everything.

What an absolute con. Worst FIFA in 10 years, and it's not close.

It's certainly different. Not saying good or bad not tell any difference is surprising.

Definitely feels different. 17 ended up like 16 which ended up like 15 etc etc after all the FUT players moaned about the changes and EA listened and changed a load of stuff so pace merchants had their game back. So far that is far from the case, I have been playing a great passing game.

Got my copy free with a new console though, got an XB1 S plus FH3 with DLC plus Halo 5 plus FIFA 18 Ronaldo edition plus 3 months of Gold for £200. Then flogged two of the three original consoles I had for £200 :thumbsup:

Archived