World Suicide Prevention Day at Pride Park

angieram

If you're going to the match, come along and have a chat (or just say hello!)

It doesn't say so below but I have been told we have a signed shirt to give away in a raffle too - fingers crossed. 

@David - I  put this in the pub last year but thought a few more might read it here. Please move if it's a bit too much off - topic. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about people who have been affected by suicide or other mental health issues.  I knew there'd be a few jokes about the football ( I go to matches too!) 

I just want to say that we all need to try to keep an even perspective on life and be nicer to each other. One person's joke is sometimes taken very seriously by another. 

The most important thing is to keep talking about how you're feeling.  

COYR!

Just to clarify, I wasn't making jokes at those who suffer from depression, and have suicidal thoughts.  I've been through some dark times myself, so would never take to mocking anybody who goes through it.  Any group or organisation that helps those kind of people deserves all the support they can get.

42 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Just to clarify, I wasn't making jokes at those who suffer from depression, and have suicidal thoughts.  I've been through some dark times myself, so would never take to mocking anybody who goes through it.  Any group or organisation that helps those kind of people deserves all the support they can get.

I know quite a few blokes who sadly have taken there own lives, and I'm gonna know a lot more, the falklands was 35yrs ago and still men are dying because of it, Afghan and Iraq are recent events, it's when lads or lasses leave the armed forces that they generally start having more problems, when you are in you are surrounded and protected by like minded comrades, the more that can be done to help fully has my support.......I know it's not exclusive to the armed forces, I'm just mentioning something that relevant to me ?

As part of this work, Derbyshire Healthcare Foundation Trust are carrying out an anonymous online survey to help raise public awareness. You can complete this anytime, whether you are going to the match or not.

“Please share your thoughts and experiences of suicide in our anonymous public survey: ”

http://surveys.derbyshcft.nhs.uk/s/WSPD2017/

The responses help us to target work and awareness-raising where it is most needed, so please complete if you have time.

Thanks. :)

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

As part of this work, Derbyshire Healthcare Foundation Trust are carrying out an anonymous online survey to help raise public awareness. You can complete this anytime, whether you are going to the match or not.

“Please share your thoughts and experiences of suicide in our anonymous public survey: ”

The responses help us to target work and awareness-raising where it is most needed, so please complete if you have time.

Done.

Keep up the good work Angie :)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

done 

Excellent support from Derby County and Derby County Community Trust last night for the Suicide Prevention work.

There's still time to complete the survey if you have a minute - link above.

There was a bucket collection for mental health charities outside the ground and Mel Morris has agreed to match those donations to double the total. To quote someone on here - Mel Morris - what a guy! :)

And thank you to anyone at the match who stopped to have a chat, complete a survey or donate. Keep talking! 

Archived