Worst Rams Own Goals of All Time.

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

1 hour ago, rustylee said:

Didn't Rob Hindmarch score about 4 own goals in one season?

I'm sure it was him that chipped shilton from about 25 yards against I want to say Port Vale....far worse than any of the candidates mentioned so far.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Gritters said:

Here's Bents where was Carson going?

I still don't understand how Baird escapes criticism for his part in it.

5 minutes ago, rustylee said:

Didn't Rob Hindmarch score about 4 own goals in one season?

That's some time back rusty I can't remember them but it wouldn't surprise me. I bet there isn't any footage of them. I think Rob scored a winner in one match I went to away from home I can't remember who against though.

12 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Here's Bents where was Carson going?

This really makes me laugh now. But at the time I definitely didn't see the funny side. Time is a great healer. Still think it'll be a few days before I can laugh at yesterday's catalogue of cockups though.

1 minute ago, Bessie1 said:

This really makes me laugh now. But at the time I definitely didn't see the funny side. Time is a great healer. Still think it'll be a few days before I can laugh at yesterday's catalogue of cockups though.

It's always good when you can look back and have a laugh about it. I don't think I have laughed at any own goals at the time but they all amuse me now.

No own goal compares with Paul Williams 'fresh air' header in the play-off final against Leicester. At least Russell, Bent and the rest connected with their attempted clearances! 

It wasn't going at any speed, it had bounced.....just head it!!!  23 years later....and i still haven't gotten over it. 

Of course there was a blatant foul on Taylor just prior to the goal which the ref inexplicably missed, just to make it an even more painful memory. 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, rynny said:

This was pretty bad. Go to 5.40

Which bit? The own goal or replacing tommy with Andy comyn?

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Highgate said:

No own goal compares with Paul Williams 'fresh air' header in the play-off final against Leicester. At least Russell, Bent and the rest connected with their attempted clearances! 

It wasn't going at any speed, it had bounced.....just head it!!!  23 years later....and i still haven't gotten over it. 

Of course there was a blatant foul on Taylor just prior to the goal which the ref inexplicably missed, just to make it an even more painful memory. 

Not as bad as john harkes jelly legs in front of goal moment.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, rynny said:

Both :lol:

How depressing was it to go from mark wright to Andy comyn in the space of a few weeks

Archived