Wheres 4231 gone?

NottsRam77

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

It will be back when Vydra is fit. Surely you knew this, and didnt need to post the stupid question. For the moment at least 433 is favoured from the start, rather than playing Nugent in there.

Stupid question

u real fella?

so opening game of the season we line up 433, produce a mixed bag of a performace

next game we're at home, we have a forward in nugent who has said he enjoys that role in behind the front man, even said he cant wait to link up with big chrissy in an interview and lets be honest isnt exactly a shabby player

we're at home, the emphasis is on us to take the game to the opposition is it not?

so is it a stupid question to ask why we didnt play with another attack minded player close to chris martin?

coincidently exactly the change rowett went for when we needed to show more attacking impetus by brining nugent on and putting him close to martin?? Stupid was it?

so wind your neck in sunshine and try and engage the grey matter before u post 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I think we need to bring in someone who can play CAM other than Vydra. I am talking about round pegs in round holes.

Toral is the only one we have been linked with that i can see playing there.

Its about time we made use of the loan market.

I agree but we dont other than nugent who can play that role

And on yesterdays showing 433 was the very much wrong call, with hindsgiht obviously

hence my question why we didnt play a guy closer to martin so we had a Better chance of taking the game to them instead of relying on the imoblile 3 in midfield to get close to martin, something they also failed to do against sunderland aswell

I'd like something along the lines of 

4231:

Carson

Wisdom Shackell Davies Foz

Huddlestone Thorne

Elsnik Vydra Lawrence 

Martin

sorry about formatting but I'm on my phone. Am I right in thinking Elsnik played Right Wing in the cup last season. I'd also like to see Lowe/Macdonald given a go at left back. 

As some have said...for god's sake drop Nugent in behind Martin until at least the time vydras fit (which can't be that long)

It was clear that both Martin and Nugent work well together and have an instant understanding.....but why did Bryson replace Russell yesterday,surely we should leave the wingers on and replace Butterfield or Johnson with Bryson??

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As some have said...for god's sake drop Nugent in behind Martin until at least the time vydras fit (which can't be that long)

It was clear that both Martin and Nugent work well together and have an instant understanding.....but why did Bryson replace Russell yesterday,surely we should leave the wingers on and replace Butterfield or Johnson with Bryson??

Spot on that man, couldn't believe it.

6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Spot on that man, couldn't believe it.

It's as if Gary has never sat down and actually watched videos of how our players perform best....he needs to stop trying to hammer round pegs into square holes.

All I can say is,at least he can see what's going wrong early in the season and hopefully learn and correct.

15 hours ago, BottrillRAM said:

Plus Rowett has said before that he'll play a team that has the best chance of suiting the opposition, now i've not got a clue about how formations properly work against each other but he probably looked into it and decided 4231 was less effect against Wolves than 433 

Don't mind that away from home but at home let's take the game to teams and make them worry about what we are doing rather than the other way round.

Just out of interest, and I know it's a bit 'apples and oranges' in many regards when comparing different clubs in different circumstances, but does anyone know any Brum fans and what their take on Rowetts strengths and limitations as a manager are and how he likes his teams to play? 

This isn't a 'bash' Rowett exercise, just curious to see how those with experience of him in charge over a few seasons view him is all?

Archived