Derby County Podcast Number Five - Mark Wright

Joel

Podcast 5 - Mark Wright is now live on iTunes, Podbean and Soundcloud.

The pod reflects on the Rams going top, injuries, goalkeepers, Jamie Ward and an extended chat with some Wigan fans.

Link can be found here: 

http://derbycounty.podbean.com/e/derby-county-podcast/?token=3dd3979268330da91cfa3ab53b0bc0d1

https://soundcloud.com/derbycountypodcast/podcast-5-mark-wright

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Podcast 5 - Mark Wright is now live on iTunes, Podbean and Soundcloud.

The pod reflects on the Rams going top, injuries, goalkeepers, Jamie Ward and an extended chat with some Wigan fans.

Link can be found here:

http://derbycounty.podbean.com/e/derby-county-podcast/?token=3dd3979268330da91cfa3ab53b0bc0d1

https://soundcloud.com/derbycountypodcast/podcast-5-mark-wright

Downloaded.Will listen at gym tomorrow.

Enjoyed.

Good chat with the Wigan guys as well.

Great listen, just discovered.  :)

Cheers both.

The chat with opposition fans seems to have gone down well so we'll look to make that a regular feature.

Joel -

Great as usual. The random bit at the start about own goals was funny, but i found myself skipping that to get to the Derby bits. You may want to stick to all things Derby imho ... the rest was superb analysis, and discussion; the last part was where I was hoping to get more info on Wigan and their thoughts but they were interrogating you and you basically told them our whole game plan. I hope Rosler wasn't listening! j.k. All i got from them is that they are struggling, Rosler is on the edge, and that they love Paul Jewell. I would like to know how they play and who they think their danger men are ... i did like all your responses to their questions, especially the Hughes one. Also there are members here who go to the U21 games, so perhaps you could go or have someone do a short, regular report on that ... and it would be cool to hear your feedback on who is doing what there too. 

Nice work though

Joel -

Great as usual. The random bit at the start about own goals was funny, but i found myself skipping that to get to the Derby bits. You may want to stick to all things Derby imho ... the rest was superb analysis, and discussion; the last part was where I was hoping to get more info on Wigan and their thoughts but they were interrogating you and you basically told them our whole game plan. I hope Rosler wasn't listening! j.k. All i got from them is that they are struggling, Rosler is on the edge, and that they love Paul Jewell. I would like to know how they play and who they think their danger men are ... i did like all your responses to their questions, especially the Hughes one. Also there are members here who go to the U21 games, so perhaps you could go or have someone do a short, regular report on that ... and it would be cool to hear your feedback on who is doing what there too. 

Nice work though

Thanks for the feedback. Agree about the chat with the Wigan fans, that was an error on my part in not preparing enough content / questions for them and will bear it in mind for the future.

In terms of the opening question, the reason we go with something that isn't just focussed on Derby is because it's quite a narrow field and it's possible that we end up with the same answers. I'm more than happy for people to send questions in for us to answer and they really don't have to be football based.

Re. the posters on here who visit the under 21 games, if any of them want to come on and chat about the development squad then I'd be delighted to have them on. It's just a case of shouting up or getting in touch.

Thanks again.

Joel

Re Ninos feedback... The best and most successful podcasts are ones where you get to know the hosts and they bring personality to it, and that often includes going off topic at times. Podcasts aren't news reports.

Re Ninos feedback... The best and most successful podcasts are ones where you get to know the hosts and they bring personality to it, and that often includes going off topic at times. Podcasts aren't news reports.

Thoroughly enjoyed that Joel.  Keep it going!

Thanks.

Podcasts 2, 3 and 4 are now also up on iTunes and Podbean if any of you wanted to listen to the earlier ones.

Any more feedback, questions or suggestions are welcome.

Joel: I was listening to one of the earlier podcasts again - yes, i am hooked - and there was a piece where the other lads on there were discussing the defence - Part 2 of Horacio from Carbonari " - it was a superb roundtable at a time when we were conceding. Seems like Mac had exactly the same thoughts at exactly the same time because it certainly got fixed. All the clean sheets that followed that is, and the moving of Shotton into the centre of defence. Also, i think Derby are actively searching for another young powerful centre half, with the reports of Nick Kuipers an example. You all discussed the set piece difficulties of our defence and bringing someone big in, as well as concerns about both full backs getting forward so much. 

My only disappointment is that there's only one a week  :rolleyes:  

Gave it a bit of stick at the start, but it getting better every single week, as it will continue to.

Keep it up

In fairness, it was always going to get better. This is the first time that any of us have done anything like this so it's been a case of finding our feet and getting our personalities across. I think we're getting there with that.

It's been a case of just putting the content out there and building features into as we go on. Thanks.

Joel: I was listening to one of the earlier podcasts again - yes, i am hooked - and there was a piece where the other lads on there were discussing the defence - Part 2 of Horacio from Carbonari " - it was a superb roundtable at a time when we were conceding. Seems like Mac had exactly the same thoughts at exactly the same time because it certainly got fixed. All the clean sheets that followed that is, and the moving of Shotton into the centre of defence. Also, i think Derby are actively searching for another young powerful centre half, with the reports of Nick Kuipers an example. You all discussed the set piece difficulties of our defence and bringing someone big in, as well as concerns about both full backs getting forward so much. 

My only disappointment is that there's only one a week  :rolleyes:  

Haha thanks Ninos! There will continue to be just the one a week. As enjoyable as it is making these pods it does take up a good wedge of time from sorting the running order, getting in touch with the rest of the pod, recording, editing and then promoting... It does take time especially with work as well!

But we all really appreciate the feedback and will try to keep the standard up.

We also have a Facebook page set up if you want to "like" and comment.

https://www.facebook.com/derbycountypodcast

Archived