Women's Football

Bris Vegas

18 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

It is true that possession doesn't win games but England have been wretched with theirs. Pass accuracy less than 60%.

Worse than Bradley who some of our fans would drop forever with his 60- something % accuracy. 

Our defence has resorted to hoofing but there's nobody downfield. 

That's true, it's a bit early to play the whole second half defending one goal.  Maybe the temperature effects England more than Spain, they have been running more because of the clash of tactics.  As i write this Spain gets a penalty that's not a penalty :blink:.  Hope their luck keeps up

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ramit said:

That's true, it's a bit early to play the whole second half defending one goal.  Maybe the temperature effects England more than Spain, they have been running more because of the clash of tactics.  As i write this Spain gets a penalty that's not a penalty :blink:.  Hope their luck keeps up

That's it Ramit - it's the conditions. All that cool air and rain. We're not used to it in balmy blighty :lol:

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

That's it Ramit - it's the conditions. All that cool air and rain. We're not used to it in balmy blighty :lol:

Shh, you ruined my excuse for the English team.  Okay, it's the humidity

And England score and this game is done and dusted as good as

The rain got in the Spanish defender's eyes i am sure :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Hermanshire said:

If it´s a tackle let´s say, and missing the ball and take the opponents feet instead, it should not be given a free kick. It was after all an accident. 

Too logical, partisan me.?

Just now, Hermanshire said:

Don´t mind England winning, but that they need help from the referee to do it, is a disgrace

Swings and roundabouts, don't forget we had a perfectly good goal disallowed for 'offside' in the first half.

3 minutes ago, Hermanshire said:

Don´t mind England winning, but that they need help from the referee to do it, is a disgrace

And the non offside goal they scored.

oh no, that was a decision against us.

12 minutes ago, Hermanshire said:

If it´s a tackle let´s say, and missing the ball and take the opponents feet instead, it should not be given a free kick. It was after all an accident. 

Accidentally making contact with the opposition is a foul. 

Accidentally slicing a ball on to your hand is an accident that isn't deemed a foul. And rightly so.

Therein lies the difference.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Serves the Spanish right for playing tippy tapas football.

An Icelandic commentator and former national side goalie of 108 games couldn't understand at half time how Spain was not winning the game with all that possession, controlling and dominating the game and bla bla.  After the game, she allowed her co commentator to take over :D  108 games and still doesn't understand football, unbelievable.  Perhaps she should listen the Heimir Hallgrímsson, the men's coach who said  "We win on unity and hard work and organization, and we have to be better than everyone else in these areas.” 

2 hours ago, Hermanshire said:

The same referee who disallowed a perfectly good England goal - or is that somehow different?

Nothing wrong with a bit of help. If you had some, you might be able to put together a coherent post one day.

;)

Archived