Sell best players. Scout premiership journeymen. Keep the overpaid rubbish. The Derby way!

FolkStar85

Fed up with being linked with every premiership has-been under the sun whilst selling our better players on the cheap. Our terrible recruitment over the past few season cost us last season for sure and we seem to be falling into the same mistakes again. Gone are the days we're actually linked with someone thay gets the fans excited! Thought Rowett said we'd be looking at different markets? I used to love transfer windows and all the excitement. Can't wait to watch nick Blackman next year!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I did wonder if this was that thread

Don't think you can blame the OP for frustration at the only sign of a player being sold being one of our best. Plus incoming links seem only to be 'Prem has beens' that GR didn't want.

I share the frustration of Hughes being sold but you can't read too much into players being linked in the media.

We have no idea which players Rowett has actually shown an interest in or pulled out a "journalists" backside to fill column inches or leaked by agents to generate interest.

The summers also has a long way to go where we might see some of this "overpaid rubbish" leave.

Lets twist our knickers on September 2nd if need be

Knives out lads, the wrist slasher brigade has arrived.

22 minutes ago, FolkStar85 said:

Fed up with being linked with every premiership has-been under the sun whilst selling our better players on the cheap. Our terrible recruitment over the past few season cost us last season for sure and we seem to be falling into the same mistakes again. Gone are the days we're actually linked with someone thay gets the fans excited! Thought Rowett said we'd be looking at different markets? I used to love transfer windows and all the excitement. Can't wait to watch nick Blackman next year!

I guess the hype for the return of Wisdom didn't exist then?

Not really sure what you're expecting, Rowett has said he needs to make space in the squad before new ones are in. How can he bid big money for 'exciting' players when we haven't shifted any ourselves yet?

Get a grip, the reality is this team has not got promoted, it has not even come close apart from the play off final season. The only difference to the Nigel Clough era is that all of these players are now on high wages, we are no better or worse off position wise. There is only one goal for this club, that's promotion and then sustain that team in the Prem, if that means changing the playing style so be it.

25 minutes ago, FolkStar85 said:

Think we enquired about Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Sterling, Kane, Alli 

They all told us to do one

#ITK

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

Think we enquired about Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Sterling, Kane, Alli 

They all told us to do one

#ITK

Not better than Hughesy Ince Martin Nugent etc. :ph34r::whistle::lol:

29 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Not better than Hughesy Ince Martin Nugent etc. :ph34r::whistle::lol:

I know and that journeyman Wisdom who's signed for Liverpool......erm....liverpool.....erm.....yeah just liverpool as a youth player.

**** sake. :lol:

13 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I know and that journeyman Wisdom who's signed for Liverpool......erm....liverpool.....erm.....yeah just liverpool as a youth player.

**** sake. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

55 minutes ago, David said:

I share the frustration of Hughes being sold but you can't read too much into players being linked in the media.

We have no idea which players Rowett has actually shown an interest in or pulled out a "journalists" backside to fill column inches or leaked by agents to generate interest.

The summers also has a long way to go where we might see some of this "overpaid rubbish" leave.

Lets twist our knickers on September 2nd if need be

Fair point. I just hate to see our good players leave.  Always think you should build on the good ones you have. Fingers crossed we'll have signed someone that can gives us somthing to cheer by September 2nd. 

53 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Ever thought that no one wants to buy our overpaid has-beens?

You're living in a dream-world mate.

Actually, in reality it's more like a nightmare.

I absolutely agree that no one wants to buy our overpaid has-beens. Thats whats frustrating the awful recruitment. Watching Butterfield, Blackman, Johnson, weimann will be a nightmare next season because I don't rate any of them. 

Archived