Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of luck to him, hope he goes on to have an incredibly successful career. I'll certainly applaud him if/when he plays against us, hopefully it's in a PL fixture in the not too distant future.

He had reached his ceiling at this club, and had given us more than enough time. I truly think he wanted to stay and play at the top level with us, but ultimately he was holding himself back by staying. It's time for players like Butterfield, or anyone who may come to replace Hughes, to step up this season and make his departure less significant to us as a team. Hughes is a fantastic player but I don't agree with the notion that we will necessarily be a weaker team without him, although I will miss seeing an in-form Will Hughes play for Derby, as it was a joy to watch.

It's absolutely imperative that we keep Ince now. I hope it was a case of Ince or Hughes leaving, rather than potentially both. If we lost Tom then I think that'll be a transfer that will have a much bigger impact on us as a side.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Best of luck to him, hope he goes on to have an incredibly successful career. I'll certainly applaud him if/when he plays against us, hopefully it's in a PL fixture in the not too distant future.

He had reached his ceiling at this club, and had given us more than enough time. I truly think he wanted to stay and play at the top level with us, but ultimately he was holding himself back by staying. It's time for players like Butterfield, or anyone who may come to replace Hughes, to step up this season and make his departure less significant to us as a team. Hughes is a fantastic player but I don't agree with the notion that we will necessarily be a weaker team without him, although I will miss seeing an in-form Will Hughes play for Derby, as it was a joy to watch.

It's absolutely imperative that we keep Ince now. I hope it was a case of Ince or Hughes leaving, rather than potentially both. If we lost Tom then I think that'll be a transfer that will have a much bigger impact on us as a side.

I don't think it's likely we will keep ince. 

Buying clubs will will now know that Derby has a reputation for selling their best players cheaply and will gather like vultures. 

Just now, Kernow said:

I totally agree - i still believe we will be promoted this season and I still think Ince will move on and hopfully he won't 

9 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I haven't been this depressed about football since that Zamora goal at Wembley. 

Never mind mate. At least we got to keep Anya and Vydra.

Best of luck Will we're all hoping the move goes well for you and you take the top flight by storm!

I think this works well for both of us, he was a real talent but we need a solid 11 that click together, not talented individuals trying to get us the results.

Before I get upset with this sale which would be too low even at 10m

i think it's right to take a moment and appreciate the service Hughes has given DCFC. I have no doubt he will flourish and I would even go as far as saying he could potentially play for England. 

Thanks Will - the best player I've seen come through Derby in my lifetime.

2 minutes ago, Ramble On said:

Best of luck Will we're all hoping the move goes well for you and you take the top flight by storm!

I think this works well for both of us, he was a real talent but we need a solid 11 that click together, not talented individuals trying to get us the results.

Well said !

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

"There's a decent sell on clause in Will Hughes deal between Derby and Watford. About 15pc if he moves again."

From Alan Nixon on Twitter

So we get 15 per cent of what he's worth? How is that decent?

Archived