Morning after the night before...

Chester40

Like a Valentine's with Jordan... it may not have been boring, but I've woken up with a sore head and things feel just as wrong as last night.. I want to skulk out of the house pretending it never happened..

Is Shackell for Pearce or Camara for  De Sart going to make this alright? Or it is something more deep-rooted???

No way we can change manager again, so seems to me a ton of players must be on their last chances now... 

Steve knows the answers...so I want to ask...will Thorne ever stay fit?

Will Jacob or Bryson ever perform regularly at top 2 level?

Will Bent score enough to be top 2?

Are Blackman, Vydra etc really ever going to have a big enough impact?

Can the likes of Christie; Keogh cut out the mistakes over a full season?

I think we need to admit we have a large squad packed with top 10 players but nothing more...so many have not really fulfilled their promise. We go again hoping we can still make the playoffs but there are some massive changes needed if we fall short and for me only Will and probably Ince are unquestionably not to be sold.  

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone can understand when one player loses his way in a match but we seem to have a collective system like a car that starts with a rattle in a wheel bearing, then the exhaust falls off, the clutch goes and it developes and oil leak and a soggy patch in the passenger footwell. All on the same trip ! There is an engine in there that still runs smoothly but when we have to keep stopping to make running repairs one wonders if we will ever arrive anywhere. 

My brain says this is logical post loss blues, we need to turn a blind eye and move on the Burton and leave the wrist slashing for another day. But being logical and supporting a football team don't always go hand in hand. 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

On SSN last night the ticker said,  when Brighton name went through 

"No injury concerns for Chris hughton ".

That's a big part. If we had a fully fit 25 to choose a matchday squad from.

can't see it making much difference - we don't have a team, just individuals.

The teamwork should be developed on the training ground - players should be able to slot in to replace those injured, but you can only do that if you have bought the right players. Bris has mentioned many times about the imbalance in the squad. I've disagreed with much of what he has said in the past but IMO he is absolutely correct on this.

28 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

On SSN last night the ticker said,  when Brighton name went through 

"No injury concerns for Chris hughton ".

That's a big part. If we had a fully fit 25 to choose a matchday squad from.

What a load of rubbish. We have a squad that teams like Preston can only dream about and look where they are. Barnsley have just sold almost all their first team and they seem to be doing ok.... the difference is that we are not a team  

15 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

What a load of rubbish. We have a squad that teams like Preston can only dream about and look where they are. Barnsley have just sold almost all their first team and they seem to be doing ok.... the difference is that we are not a team  

So why would teams like Preston dream of a squad of disparate individuals that don't make up a team?

And why the unprovoked written assault?  If you don't agree then why not just write as such, you jumped up turd. 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

So why would teams like Preston dream of a squad of disparate individuals that don't make up a team?

And why the unprovoked written assault?  If you don't agree then why not just write as such, you jumped up turd. 

Because maybe, just maybe they have a manager that could get the best out of this group of overpaid mercenaries....?

all i said was it was a rubbish point....which it was....no need to get your knickers in a twist dearest. 

Archived