Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just read about a young lad for Everton called lookman who just scored 2 goals for England u20s.

I don't follow the Prem so know very little about the players, but this young lad is the sort of person I would hope we would go for.

I saw Everton signed him for 7.5 million rising to 11 from Charlton, so he may well be in their plans.

He's played a fair few games for them after he signed. Unlikely they would let him go, particularly to the championship.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at old traffold on the last day of the season and a young lad called josh Harrop looked really good against palace. Always wanted the ball, and scored a great goal. Like Hughes but can also finish. Doubt he would get a look in at utd and reckon we could definitely agree a loan deal. This lad looks really promising, with a point to prove 

2 hours ago, "Like ya say" said:

Jonny Howson has just rejected a new Norwich deal could be worth a look at

Best shout in ages on here! 29 years old and very experienced at this level.Gut feeling is we'll let Ince or Hughes go to raise funds and Howson would definitely improve us but he won't be cheap!

I think, we need a better keeper. Carson was great last season but he wont take us to the premier league. Also a couple more defenders, especially a new right back and centre back. Midfield is perfect get Throne back fit. We need a quality striker that scores 20-30 goals a season to get us promoted. Would like to see players like Mitchell, Lowe and Zanzala get some game time. Get rid of Baird, Bent, Blackman and Camara

@ben12345 - Not a chance. Scott Carson was one of the most consistent keepers in the league last year. I'd argue the best in the league, how Stockdale got ahead of him for Team of the year i'll never know. Especially how he single handedly threw away the trophy for Brighton in the last couple of games. Carson is the best keeper we've had since Poom and we shouldn't be looking to get rid of him.

Also, "We need a quality striker" yeah, we've got one... Chris Martin. End of.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Jonny Howson could be a very good signing if we can afford him. Norwich apparently want £6m+

Believe that Leeds want him. 

13 minutes ago, ben12345 said:

I think, we need a better keeper. Carson was great last season but he wont take us to the premier league. Also a couple more defenders, especially a new right back and centre back. Midfield is perfect get Throne back fit. We need a quality striker that scores 20-30 goals a season to get us promoted. Would like to see players like Mitchell, Lowe and Zanzala get some game time. Get rid of Baird, Bent, Blackman and Camara

@ben12345 is Ben Hamer and I claim my £5

16 minutes ago, ben12345 said:

Why get rid of Bard? Baird was our best performing defender last season.

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Let him go to his old club. He'd be good for us but not worth anything over £3m to us.

I agreed with you on this one mate. 

Archived