It was a header...

Day

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Best midfielder in the world for me alongside Kroos and Modric. Great player, you know you're good when you can go to the camp nou and single handedly dominate the midfield

I'd still rate a fully fit Iniesta as highly as anyone, even though he's getting on a bit now. And I don't ever remember him trying to head a ball that was on the ground.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, McLovin said:

Best midfielder in the world for me alongside Kroos and Modric. Great player, you know you're good when you can go to the camp nou and single handedly dominate the midfield

Not arguing your point, but Jack Wilshere was outstanding against Barcelona a few years ago. He also dominated against Brasil in an international friendly; it's a shame he's never stayed fit and delivered that consistently.

On 23/01/2017 at 21:53, Gladram said:

Must admit I wasn't totally sure so looked it up. Cautions for unsporting behaviour in  Law 12 include

uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball (including from a free kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands

Good info otherwise what would stop a player flicking it up and heading back to keeper? Wondered why I never saw that!

On 23/01/2017 at 21:39, AndyinLiverpool said:

If memory serves it was Brian Laws. He headed it back to the keeper like that, the law makers realised they'd left a loophole and changed the law to put a stop to that sort of thing.

Nah - it was a pre season friendly for us.

It was Darren Wassall, heading back to Steve "cod-eye" Sutton.  If I remember, Sutton rolled it out to Short, who deliberately flicked it up and Wassall headed back to Sutton.

Archived