Going well for Ross McCormack...

WystonRam

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38707529

McCormack in 'no fit shape to play'

Scotland forward Ross McCormack has been disciplined by Aston Villa and dropped after "continually missing training", says manager Steve Bruce.

The 30-year-old was left out of Villa's match-day squad for Saturday's 2-2 Championship draw at home to Preston.

"He is nowhere near fit enough to play and be involved," Bruce told BBC WM 95.6. "I don't think he's in a physical shape or state to contribute.

"Unless his attitude towards everything changes, he's not going to be picked."

Former Leeds and Fulham front man McCormack, who signed for Villa for £12m in August, last scored on Boxing Day.

"It is fair to say disciplinary measures have been made against him because of his attitude and continually missing training," Bruce added.

"Not in 20 years in management have I ever gone down this route but I feel I have to take a stance because I will not put up with it. There has been too much indiscipline at Villa.

"He has decided the team has picked itself. How can I pick him when he doesn't come to training?

"His failure to turn up for training has happened more than once. Everyone can have an excuse but when it is more than once I will not accept it."

McCormack, who began his career as a trainee at Rangers, has netted three goals so far this season.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Poor Villa, it is almost as if looking at who we want to buy and offering millions more isn't the best approach to team building.

Not like we didn't do the same last season is it, no player continued to miss training using excuses like their gate was broke.

Villa are allowed to rebuild the squad after relegation, Newcastle had to do the same. It happens when one of the established bigger Prem sides get relegated.

Feel for Villa here. Spending a shed load of money on a proven Championship striker to stay at home skipping training.

Not like they can get their money back, clubs will see an opportunity to grab a bargain/loan which makes Fulhams interest in a loan more realistic now 

1 minute ago, David said:

Not like we didn't do the same last season is it, no player continued to miss training using excuses like their gate was broke.

Villa are allowed to rebuild the squad after relegation, Newcastle had to do the same. It happens when one of the established bigger Prem sides get relegated.

Feel for Villa here. Spending a shed load of money on a proven Championship striker to stay at home skipping training.

Not like they can get their money back, clubs will see an opportunity to grab a bargain/loan which makes Fulhams interest in a loan more realistic now 

No gates in London then? 

I thought we had problems-6 points from the first 9 games and our record signing is a dud. However at least we are only 2 points from the play-offs. Villa have the most expensive squad in the championship, their star striker won't turn up for training and they are 9 points from the play-offs.

oh what a shame for you Villa      just get   Tony Xia   to keep signing cheques for you    as over the season you have  spent well  :lol:   .. Regarding   McCormack    send him on loan to Hartlepool .   Newport   or such likes  doubt they would want him   - but you never know 

Just now, neil62uk said:

oh what a shame for you Villa      just get   Tony Xia   to keep signing cheques for you    as over the season you have  spent well  :lol:   .. Regarding   McCormack    send him on loan to Hartlepool .   Newport   or such likes  doubt they would want him   - but you never know 

Is your space bar knackered Neil?

Archived