Saido Berahino to leave WBA for 300K

Leicester Ram

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with what Peace has done. Berahino and his agent thought they could force a move by causing problems and refusing to play for the club they're contracted to. Berahino is an idiot and deserves to have been sat in the reserves for the last 18 months. Yes, West Brom lost out on one payday, but if this incident shows other agents and players that the baggies can't be pushed around and manipulated then it may well be worth it.

5 hours ago, Anon said:

I agree with what Peace has done. Berahino and his agent thought they could force a move by causing problems and refusing to play for the club they're contracted to. Berahino is an idiot and deserves to have been sat in the reserves for the last 18 months. Yes, West Brom lost out on one payday, but if this incident shows other agents and players that the baggies can't be pushed around and manipulated then it may well be worth it.

But loyalty is a two-way thing. When players underperform, they get cast aside and eventually sold or let go from their contracts by the clubs. So when a player evidently performs really well, why can't he pursue a move to a top club?

Berahino two seasons ago was brilliant. But West Brom have their limits, and with Spurs knocking (a team who has gotten the best out of English talent in recent years) you can't blame him for wanting to move.

Spurs made a very good bid for him, and out of spite West Brom stalled in the days leading up to deadline day and then refused at the last minute when they knew the player wanted to go. It doesn't surprise me that the player soon became disillusioned and less motivated.

If Will Hughes wants to leave Derby for Spurs, could you blame him? If Spurs then put in a £20m bid three days before deadline day, and Morris stalled and stalled then refused minutes before the deadline, I'd see that as being incredibly harsh on the player.

You may think Peace is sending out a good message here. Well, on the flip side he has just lost out on a massive fee and potentially future bright young players who will see WBA as a club who holds back their younger stars and doesn't allow them to move on when the time is right.

Teams like Southampton thrive because they let their best players go, meaning top talent elsewhere are more likely to want to join them to help aid their development. Who would want to join WBA now knowing Peace won't let them move on when a decent bid arrives?

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But loyalty is a two-way thing. When players underperform, they get cast aside and eventually sold or let go from their contracts by the clubs. So when a player evidently performs really well, why can't he pursue a move to a top club?

Berahino two seasons ago was brilliant. But West Brom have their limits, and with Spurs knocking (a team who has gotten the best out of English talent in recent years) you can't blame him for wanting to move.

Spurs made a very good bid for him, and out of spite West Brom stalled in the days leading up to deadline day and then refused at the last minute when they knew the player wanted to go. It doesn't surprise me that the player soon became disillusioned and less motivated.

If Will Hughes wants to leave Derby for Spurs, could you blame him? If Spurs then put in a £20m bid three days before deadline day, and Morris stalled and stalled then refused minutes before the deadline, I'd see that as being incredibly harsh on the player.

You may think Peace is sending out a good message here. Well, on the flip side he has just lost out on a massive fee and potentially future bright young players who will see WBA as a club who holds back their younger stars and doesn't allow them to move on when the time is right.

Teams like Southampton thrive because they let their best players go, meaning top talent elsewhere are more likely to want to join them to help aid their development. Who would want to join WBA now knowing Peace won't let them move on when a decent bid arrives?

Berahino would have gone in the summer had he not decided to throw his toys out the pram. We know that late January sales on are absolutely devastating to a team, especially when you're so dependent on the player as that West Brom side was to Berahino. All he needed to do was keep his head down and he would have eventually got his move Instead he showed his true colours and probably put top teams off due to how poorly he behaved.

Archived