Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

The thing is though DEL, Fawaz will be loving the power trip, having the final word where the player goes.

Someone at the club should be telling Lansbury's agent to tell him how much we'd like to sign him, invite his agent to check out our facilities even, show him what his clients working conditions would be like but make no mistake, we ain't gonna be effed about by that eejit down the road, we can't appear to go begging to him, it's a self respect thing.

These days, particularly at PL and Championship level, when the contract only has 6 months left, it's the player who decides where he goes rather than his current club. The player holds all the cards - if the club receives an offer of say, £3m off club A and £5m off club B, if the player has no interest in joining the latter then he just says no, not going there, leaving his club with 2 options - accept the lower offer and at least obtain a fee before the contract expires or make the player sit twiddling his thumbs for 6 months then receive nowt.

Some theorists reckon this is the situation with Lansbury (probably it's what they want to think because they want him to come to Pride Park). Like them, I have absolutely no idea what, if anything, is happening - time will tell.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Apparently Bruce has said in an interview today that Villa have only enquired about Lansbury, and haven't even bid...

...the plot thickens. 

Madness. 

However we are well aware of how managers can twist with words and lie to keep things under the radar :whistle:

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Apparently Bruce has said in an interview today that Villa have only enquired about Lansbury, and haven't even bid...

...the plot thickens. 

that it does... just as it appears to me, that some yam yams have thrown money away cus bruce said they were interested...

I mean god, imagine if we did that..

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

...the plot thickens. 

Playing games. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Agreed but Villa apparently want him for 5 million. 

Let's let Villa get lansbury and us get Houríhane then... surely they wont want both of them! Plus we get the much better player ;)

1 minute ago, Colm said:

Let's let Villa get lansbury and us get Houríhane then... surely they wont want both of them! Plus we get the much better player ;)

This is the problem we can't compete against teams who are already linked with him.

5 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

that it does... just as it appears to me, that some yam yams have thrown money away cus bruce said they were interested...

I mean god, imagine if we did that..

Minor point but Villa fans are not yam yams, unless they're from the Black Country.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Minor point but Villa fans are not yam yams, unless they're from the Black Country.

Some people won't get it. 

Just now, Dcfc10 said:

Well we bin chaseing Lansbury for five days  it's even wasted my time. Looking at the posts every 2 min

5 days? Lol.

Archived