What is it about Leeds?

Sith Happens

1 minute ago, ipad1977 said:

As a Boro fan living in Leeds, it's gone completely mayhem in the last day or so as you might imagine with that Billionaire bloke buying half the shares in the club.

They were all proclaiming that Monk is taking them places anyway, one of them even bet me evens that Leeds would be playing in a higher league than Boro next season. I accepted the bet then told him to get his ar$e to the bookies as he'd get odds upwards of 30/1.

Since Mr Big Bucks unprecedented arrival on the scene in the last 24 hours though, they're all walking round grinning like cheshire cats and actually greeting each other with the word "Billionaires!" One has even stated they'll be holding the Prem trophy in their mitts within 5 years.

Truly the biggest team in the universe. :whistle:

Sounds familiar with a certain team down the end of the A52.

They thought Fawaz was going to make them rich and give them a 3rd star.

Little did they know it was a 3 star rating from HMRC for winding up orders.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 15:36, ipad1977 said:

As a Boro fan living in Leeds, it's gone completely mayhem in the last day or so as you might imagine with that Billionaire bloke buying half the shares in the club.

They were all proclaiming that Monk is taking them places anyway, one of them even bet me evens that Leeds would be playing in a higher league than Boro next season. I accepted the bet then told him to get his ar$e to the bookies as he'd get odds upwards of 30/1.

Since Mr Big Bucks unprecedented arrival on the scene in the last 24 hours though, they're all walking round grinning like cheshire cats and actually greeting each other with the word "Billionaires!" One has even stated they'll be holding the Prem trophy in their mitts within 5 years.

Truly the biggest team in the universe. :whistle:

This is the thing I can't stand about Leeds. Of course every team has fans who get overexcited and go a little overboard, but I don't think I've encountered a fan base with less humility than Leeds. Don't get me wrong, the genuine Leeds fans who stuck with the club through League 1 are amongst the best in the country, but the sheer number of imbeciles they have clambering to board the bandwagon the moment it looks like they might have some success is absolutely astounding. They're the same with rugby and cricket up there too. You won't here a peep out of most of them when they're average or poor, but win a title and they're all out in the shirts claiming to have been die hard fans since the 80's. As you can probably guess the cricket "fans" have been the worst lately, going all West Ham and claiming that England = Yorkshire when the results are good whilst moaning about central contracts and blaming the ECB every time they lose a game.

On 12/21/2016 at 15:18, Bris Vegas said:

Leeds are one of the biggest clubs in England in terms of domestic fanbase. They may not fill out their stadium all too often, but they have a massive following for a Championship club within England.

At HITC they started to focus more on the domestic following (largely because of the on-site adverts were aimed at UK-based customers) and Leeds were one of the clubs with highest percentage of UK-based fans.

Leeds, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa were the top five in terms of England-based fans ratio compared to overall support while Celtic and Rangers are also up there in tems of UK..

No doubt United, Arsenal and Liverpool have bigger fanbases, but a higher percentage of theirs come from abroad.

In the Championship we found that Wolves, QPR, Sheff Wed and Forest drew higher numbers than Derby. Derby obviously get higher attendances and that's admirable, but that doesn't mean they have the most supporters.

All that proves is that we know to avoid HITC...

Archived