What could have happened if Zamora missed?

RamsPolls

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Wouldn't say QPR broke the rules.

And the scenes if Rick Astley did give you up.

After clinching promotion by beating Derby 1-0 in the Championship play-off final, Rangers are now facing a fine of up to £50million for breaking the financial guidelines."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2638472/QPR-vow-fight-50m-fine-breaking-FFP-rules-securing-134m-Premier-League-place.html

And I'm not sure what you mean re the Rick Astley classic track from the 80sssssssss (Alan Partridge style).

3 hours ago, Muskination said:

After clinching promotion by beating Derby 1-0 in the Championship play-off final, Rangers are now facing a fine of up to £50million for breaking the financial guidelines."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2638472/QPR-vow-fight-50m-fine-breaking-FFP-rules-securing-134m-Premier-League-place.html

And I'm not sure what you mean re the Rick Astley classic track from the 80sssssssss (Alan Partridge style).

fair play. Never saw this when it happened.

Was too busy crying into my chippy that night around Leicester square lol

20 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

As an avid Derby County fan. 

I sometimes sit and wonder into space and think what could have happened if Zamora had scuffed that shot in the last minute at wembley? Or what if Rob Green didn't have a worldie that day. 

If we were promoted that day at wembley, where would we be now?

Personally I think we'd be a firm mid-table prem side with European ambitions (Europa league).

Would we still have Mac as manager? I'm not so sure. 

Where do you think we'd be?

That day at Wembley can only be classed as bad luck. Keogh (As much as I hate him) wasn't to blame. It could have been anyone who missed that ball and we would also place blame on them. 

Think about it - if we had been promoted that day, would we be in the mess that we're in today? 

Probably not. 

Would we be arguing about what manager should rescue this team and rekindle this squad.

Again probably not. 

It's all very fine margins. 

If only Zamora missed that shot.

So where do you think Derby County would be today if Zamora had missed?

He didn't miss stop dwelling and did rob green have a worldie?  I don't recall him having 1 difficult shot to keep out!

23 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Where would we have been if Cloughie and Longson had kissed and made up?

Would've been the Liverpool of the 70s and 80s. Paraphrased from the greatest man himself.

The biggest missed opportunity in the history of our club, and that there foreseeably ever will be.

League winners

1971–72 Derby County

1972–73 Liverpool

1973–74 Leeds United

1974–75 Derby County

1975–76 Liverpool

1976–77 Liverpool

1977–78 Nottingham Forest

1978–79 Liverpool

1979–80 Liverpool

1980–81 Aston Villa

1981–82 Liverpool

1982–83 Liverpool

1983–84 Liverpool

1984–85 Everton

1985–86 Liverpool

1986–87 Everton

1987–88 Liverpool

1988–89 Arsenal

1989–90 Liverpool

2014/15 Season:  We would have been promoted and finished around 15-14th in the prem

2015/16 Season: McLaren gets us stuck in a relegation battle and is sacked. Darren Wassall appointed as manager but cannot steer us away from relegation.

2016/17 Season: Paul Clement is appointed our new manager as he tries to get us back up to the prem. However he is sacked after a bad run of results despite only being 5 points off top. We finish the season 5th but lose in the play-off semi's.

2017/18 Season: Nigel Pearson appointed our new manager but is sacked after only picking up 2 wins from 12 games. Steve McLaren returns to the club as his replacement.  

On 11 October 2016 at 15:09, ITSD said:

I think we'd have won in extra time, been promoted to the premier league, had a good first season and a dodgy second season.

Yes if Bucko had not made a lazy pass, no counter attack and if Forsyth and Bucko had put the ball into touch before the cross. Keogh would not have Miss kicked and Grant had no chance from a greatly hit shot. But we would have won in extra time. Richard Dunn was immense and would not have done a Keogh !! 

Agree.

If we had gone up, we would have come straight back down. No question in my mind.

Main reason being we were (and still are) a confidence team. We over performed that season due to other teams not quite having us worked out. but as the next season showed, loose a few, and get a few injuries and we turned into a losing team low on confidence and without the courage to play fast 2 touch football anymore. Anyone remember the nervous wreck of a side that played Reading(H) in McClarens last game????
In the premier this would have happened to us without a doubt and we would have gone down

Archived