People blaming Mel

TopRam

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lrm14 said:

I mean if he didn't sign them he stuck with them through and through. That's pretty indicative that he did sign them.

Or the powers that be bought them and told Clement he had to play them? Happens regularly at much bigger clubs than Derby. Shevchenko and Torres at Chelsea spring to mind. Saying that Clement worked with technically good players for the few years prior to joining Derby and talking whilst at Madrid about how seeing Modric play made him realise that technical ability is the most important aspect in a player, I fail to see why he would go against his ideas by going and buying a player with zero technical ability in Johnson. Just my opinion.

I, personally, agree with every on the field decision Mel has made so far, minus appointing Wassall until the end of the season, at the time they happened.

Yes, right now, sacking Clement was a bit daft but at the time I agreed with the decision, as did many of you. 

Pearson's suspension was justified. I don't know what that TalkSport journalist is getting at, because that's not a what I've heard. Maybe that was Pearson's opinion on events :lol:

But the decision on Radio Derby, whoever made it, is pathetic. If anyone from the club is reading this, please see sense, issue an apology to Owen and his team and do an indepth interview at Moor Farm with Mel and Sam during the international break, to clear the air, as well as providing some well needed transparency between the club and the fans. Where were the days where Sam was doing pub Q&As? Or Mel was doing constant Q&As with the fans? I want that club back, because it was in such a good place. Because us as fans deserve more.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Or the powers that be bought them and told Clement he had to play them? Happens regularly at much bigger clubs than Derby. Shevchenko and Torres at Chelsea spring to mind. Saying that Clement worked with technically good players for the few years prior to joining Derby and talking whilst at Madrid about how seeing Modric play made him realise that technical ability is the most important aspect in a player, I fail to see why he would go against his ideas by going and buying a player with zero technical ability in Johnson. Just my opinion.

Johnson has technical ability, he's just extremely inconsistent. I've never known a player go from being able to hit pin point 50 yard passes or score 30 yard screamers, then the next game can't even take a kickoff. He was a panic buy too remember? It was after the Bryson and Hughes long term injuries. I think PC's buys show a lot of naivety and at the end of the day he was a new manager, how he set up against Utd really showcased how inexperienced he was.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Sorry, just to add,that was from the horses mouth.

we can only assume that was a fact 

Horses mouth meaning Clement or Mel? For the sake of the argument , would Mel really admit that Clement didn't have a final say on transfers. That would have come across as being a bit unprofessional

Just now, McLovin said:

Horses mouth meaning Clement or Mel? For the sake of the argument , would Mel really admit that Clement didn't have a final say on transfers. That would have come across as being a bit unprofessional

The horse was Mel. 

17 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I, personally, agree with every on the field decision Mel has made so far, minus appointing Wassall until the end of the season, at the time they happened.

Yes, right now, sacking Clement was a bit daft but at the time I agreed with the decision, as did many of you. 

Pearson's suspension was justified. I don't know what that TalkSport journalist is getting at, because that's not a what I've heard. Maybe that was Pearson's opinion on events :lol:

But the decision on Radio Derby, whoever made it, is pathetic. If anyone from the club is reading this, please see sense, issue an apology to Owen and his team and do an indepth interview at Moor Farm with Mel and Sam during the international break, to clear the air, as well as providing some well needed transparency between the club and the fans. Where were the days where Sam was doing pub Q&As? Or Mel was doing constant Q&As with the fans? I want that club back, because it was in such a good place. Because us as fans deserve more.

But I think that's the problem with Mel.

At the time, I wanted Clement to be sacked. I wanted to see McClaren leave based on "footballing reasons" and to be honest I'm happy Pearson's gone because of the dire football rather than non-footballing reasons. But that's because I'm a fan who wants Derby to do well and likes a bit of a moan. 

Mel is the owner of the club and yet he behaves with the same rashness and hyperbole as all of us on the forum. He's not treated the club like a sophisticated business, he's just spent some money and now seems to feel justified to do whatever he wants.

1 minute ago, Posh Ram said:

But I think that's the problem with Mel.

At the time, I wanted Clement to be sacked. I wanted to see McClaren leave based on "footballing reasons" and to be honest I'm happy Pearson's gone because of the dire football rather than non-footballing reasons. But that's because I'm a fan who wants Derby to do well and likes a bit of a moan. 

Mel is the owner of the club and yet he behaves with the same rashness and hyperbole as all of us on the forum. He's not treated the club like a sophisticated business, he's just spent some money and now seems to feel justified to do whatever he wants.

Well that's certainly another way to look at it!

38 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Any evidence that he didn't?

Weren't we signing the likes of Scott Carson, Andi Wiemman and Alex Pearce before and as he was joining the club?  I doubt he was sitting on the bench at Real Madrid thinking that he would sign those players if he ever became a manager.

Archived