Beer Thread

Cisse

It's opposite the train station, next door to the Merry Widows, down that little side street/ path to the city centre.

It's the music venue for up and coming bands. Quite a few famous bands have played there when starting out.

I real ale on, and the normal stuff too. £3.30 a pint, so not too cheap, but free chips and bread to make your own butties.

A pint 3,30 is a bargain. Here a decent beer in a decent place is 7-8 euros.

I don't new Siss'

They have a special brewed beer named after our Stevie Mac. My mate had 3, says it's alright. Then the normal stuff. Think they have bass or pedi, not sure.

Got no Belgium *****, do have sky sports on in the corner too.

bloody hell, bet the bars are empty.

Bars empty in Finland ? Surely you jest. Everybody here depressed since we don't see the sun in six months and boozing their troubles away. The thing is we don't eat.

Bars empty in Finland ? Surely you jest. Everybody here depressed since we don't see the sun in six months and boozing their troubles away. The thing is we don't eat.

You Scandifininavians even ferment your fish - and they say the Scots have an alcohol problem.

Two Black holes

"https://untappd.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/2014_02_27/12d0ec3a7bfbbbee404077aeebaba455_640x640" alt="12d0ec3a7bfbbbee404077aeebaba455_640x640">

I cannot get my head around calling a beer "Black IPA" - when the bloody "P" stands for "Pale" - and I'm not criticising the taste or the look of the beer at all. I do like the style - nice and hoppy (not ridiculously so) with a fruity, citrusy twang (Cascade and Citra FTW), none of that burnt dark malt flavour of many of the stouts and porters - but can't someone please come up with a better name? 

I cannot get my head around calling a beer "Black IPA" - when the bloody "P" stands for "Pale" - and I'm not criticising the taste or the look of the beer at all. I do like the style - nice and hoppy (not ridiculously so) with a fruity, citrusy twang (Cascade and Citra FTW), none of that burnt dark malt flavour of many of the stouts and porters - but can't someone please come up with a better name? 

Beat me to it eddie. I thought it was supposed to be pale ale.

Agree mate but tis a great ale, especially on draught

I was saving it but I was craving it, so my Cuvee Van De Kiezer Blauw is going down well.

Unfortunately I've not got the Fullers Imperial Stout I bought on Friday becausean accident befell it, wasted on the streets of Tufnell Park, wasn't a good start to the weekend! Had a couple in their 'past masters' range, the pick of which was 'Old Burton Ale'

You Scandifininavians even ferment your fish - and they say the Scots have an alcohol problem.

Surströmming. Traditional Swedish cuisine, nothing to do with us.

With yard glass of vodka it's pretty good though.

Finland - where west and east collide.

How much does it cost in the countryside ? Or do you have decent pubs with decent beers ? :ph34r:

Is everything outside Helsinki countryside? ;)

Of course it depends what you prefer but imports about 5-6 €, locals 4-5 €.

Then there's comfier pubs what you propably wouldn't call "decent", where beer is cheaper, music is better and people are nicer.

Is everything outside Helsinki countryside? ;)

Of course it depends what you prefer but imports about 5-6 €, locals 4-5 €.

Then there's comfier pubs what you propably wouldn't call "decent", where beer is cheaper, music is better and people are nicer.

Yes. :p

I'm moving there not only because the beer is so cheap but if you can find people from pubs in Finland that you can call nicer I want to see them.