Crazy sackings not exclusive to Championship

Tony Le Mesmer

Tranmere manager Gary Brabin sacked after taking charge of the club in the summer and having managed only 11 games. Seven of which were won, one draw and just 3 losses. Tranmere are just 4 points off top spot in what is notoriously an nigh on impossible league to escape from.

Good job NP didn't go for the job. :lol:

Anyone recall any more even ridiculous sackings?

One of the most bizarre I remember is that of Leroy Rosenior. The ex Torquay boss was fired after signing a contract then the club being taken over 10 minutes later by another consortium. He still remains one of the most successful managers in the Gull's recent history though.

Football is still crazy.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/09/2016 at 00:01, Millenniumram said:

Bloody hell, some people feel it's wrong to even discuss the possibility of pearsons sacking and this has happened!

That's because some people aren't complete idiots.

• 2 weeks later...

A York City source of mine has revealed there might be another crazy sacking but this time not for a manager doing well. For York manager and ex Celtic defender Jackie McNamara who took the club down into the conference, signed a full team of inexperienced youngsters on 2 year deals, not won an away game in 28 and who has the joint worst YCFC managerial record in history. York are also the lowest ranked ex league club in the NL.

If it wasn't clear he should be ousted for footballing matters, it transpired that the other day he failed to take training because he was in court in Scotland for dodging his train fare when he went back up to Edinburgh from York for which he was fined and convicted and then straight afterwards went to pick up a new Audi A7 from the dealership up there! Crackers!

Football eh? It's a funny old game as they say. :lol:

Sad thing for York is that I doubt they have the money to sack him and pay him off so most likely conference north beckons for a once proud club.

On 1.10.2016 at 01:30, Tony Le Mesmer said:

A York City source of mine has revealed there might be another crazy sacking but this time not for a manager doing well. For York manager and ex Celtic defender Jackie McNamara who took the club down into the conference, signed a full team of inexperienced youngsters on 2 year deals, not won an away game in 28 and who has the joint worst YCFC managerial record in history. York are also the lowest ranked ex league club in the NL.

If it wasn't clear he should be ousted for footballing matters, it transpired that the other day he failed to take training because he was in court in Scotland for dodging his train fare when he went back up to Edinburgh from York for which he was fined and convicted and then straight afterwards went to pick up a new Audi A7 from the dealership up there! Crackers!

Football eh? It's a funny old game as they say. :lol:

Sad thing for York is that I doubt they have the money to sack him and pay him off so most likely conference north beckons for a once proud club.

Not really surprised. As some people say, he should have stuck with writing.

Superb comedic goings on at my old club York City. Don't know if anyone is aware of the ridiculous ultimatum chairman J***n Mc**** (can't bring myself to type his name - systematically destroyed the club through pure ignorance) has given manager Jackie McNamara ahead of Saturdays game at Braintree?

Get a positive result or you're gone. One game to save his job confirmed. He even went on talksport yesterday to talk about it.

McNamara hasn't won an away game in 29 and his hastily assembled team of nobodies and young kids got pasted 6-1 at Guiseley on Tuesday night, Guiseley a team with just 3 points all season before the game took place. He took the club down from league 2 last season with a whimper, got done in court recently for fare dodging on a train and the club are 5th bottom of the NL.

What happens if they get a positive result (whatever that is - a draw? a 4-1 defeat as that is better than recent results lol)?

What if they win then lose their next 3? Does it happen again?

Quite how a manager can work like this and quite why a chairman would put this pressure on a group of young kids is anyone's guess. He blamed the fans for criticising on social media. Like they are happy bunnies at this point?

Truly sad demise of a once proud league club going out of existence IMO. The lease on their ground Bootham Crescent runs out soon and they were hoping for a new stadium which they should have moved into last season yet it's not even started being built yet as the council are wrangling and I doubt they want it to go ahead so are stalling. Either way York won't have a ground soon and they also may not have a club. Sad how some clubs are run and even sadder for the fans who have no say other than to stay away and hope the chairman takes notice. That only worsens the situation but what else can you do when he doesn't listen to protests or communicate with fans ever.

Archived