RPSB nature reserve near iPro?

Tony Le Mesmer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'm led to believe there is some sort of nature reserve behind the iPro. I can't seem to find much on the internet so does anyone have any knowledge of this or any river walks nearby to the ground?

naturist but not sure of nature reserve, so less feathered variety, hope this helps :ph34r:

Don't expect t be able to have a nice stroll around the nature reserve - it's fenced off (with viewing platforms) and frankly looks a right mess since the council tried to build their aborted mountain bike track alongside the velodrome and then didn't reinstate the area.

Having said that, the ground is only a couple of minutes walk from the river and there is a decent path running alongside so you can easily get away from the worst of the traffic if you want a walk.....

26 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

frankly looks a right mess since the council tried to build their aborted mountain bike track alongside the velodrome and then didn't reinstate the area.

True - I ride that way to work every day and there is a queue of sad looking badgers on mountain bikes wondering what happened to their new track

The twitchers objected to the cycle track.

its not like the land was ever used for industry is it?

no railway sidings or gas work land was ever there.?

loada ******, birds can fly somewhere else, and the rats and voles etc aren't exactly an endangered species are they?

Cheers for the replies. Just wanted somewhere to pass a couple of hours before the game Saturday with a mate who doesn't booze. There isn't really anything interesting to see or do around the iPro so we'll just do what everyone else does to pass the time and sit in our cars not speaking, with our faces looking down at a phone screen faffing. Looking up occasionally to just check that the  world is still in existence. :cool:

On 10/09/2016 at 09:24, Gaspode said:

I'd been wondering why some folk always parked right at the far end of the car park - perhaps I'll take a wander up there this afternoon as I'm quite partial to a border collie....

Well I have to say I was very disappointed yesterday - walked right to the far end of the car park and there were no dogs at all (unless you count the old bird in the Mondeo surrounded by a group of blokes with their camcorders out and their trousers round their ankles - perhaps they'd scared the dog walkers away....)

7 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Well I have to say I was very disappointed yesterday - walked right to the far end of the car park and there were no dogs at all (unless you count the old bird in the Mondeo surrounded by a group of blokes with their camcorders out and their trousers round their ankles - perhaps they'd scared the dog walkers away....)

Cocker spaniels

Archived