Do i really need away membership?

Tony Le Mesmer

Just looked at away membership and it's just shy of 90 quid!

I seem to recall some of you have given me advice before about certain away games but I've forgotten, sorry. :(

Basically as a newbie fan I want to try and get to some away games. I'm not one of these who will put Forest / Burton et al above all others. I'll just as happily go to Bristol City or Brighton and miss the local games.

Would I be right in assuming that for the majority of away games, as a ST holder, I don't even need away membership?

The main two games that are local-ish and interest me more than Forest etc are both Sheff Weds and Huddersfield due to my Yorkshire connections. Would I be able to get tickets to these two games just as an ordinary ST holder too?

I'm all for helping the club out with buying this and that from the club shop, programmes and going to crappy cup games but i'm a Yorkshireman. I don't want to spend money if there isn't really any need. :whistle:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Podgey. I know I could have got a ticket for the Barnsley game which is just up the road and as most grounds in the league are fairly large then the allocation would be similar probably. I just couldn't make Barnsley on the day but good to know I could have got a ticket anyway.

Phew! 90 quid just to get first dibs on Burton and Forest tickets then? Madness.

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cheers Podgey. I know I could have got a ticket for the Barnsley game which is just up the road and as most grounds in the league are fairly large then the allocation would be similar probably. I just couldn't make Barnsley on the day but good to know I could have got a ticket anyway.

Phew! 90 quid just to get first dibs on Burton and Forest tickets then? Madness.

Yeh. You might have be quick on the draw for some of the more in demand ones / those with smaller allocations, but even then I think those two matches are the only ones you'd miss.

On 1 September 2016 at 22:45, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just looked at away membership and it's just shy of 90 quid!

I seem to recall some of you have given me advice before about certain away games but I've forgotten, sorry. :(

Basically as a newbie fan I want to try and get to some away games. I'm not one of these who will put Forest / Burton et al above all others. I'll just as happily go to Bristol City or Brighton and miss the local games.

Would I be right in assuming that for the majority of away games, as a ST holder, I don't even need away membership?

The main two games that are local-ish and interest me more than Forest etc are both Sheff Weds and Huddersfield due to my Yorkshire connections. Would I be able to get tickets to these two games just as an ordinary ST holder too?

I'm all for helping the club out with buying this and that from the club shop, programmes and going to crappy cup games but i'm a Yorkshireman. I don't want to spend money if there isn't really any need. :whistle:

Depends which away games you'll be attending to though. 

On 1 September 2016 at 22:47, PodgeyRam said:

Don't think you'll need it. The away membership is only really a guarentee for those who want to go to Forest away. Pretty much all the other matches end up going on sale to Season Ticket holders anyway.

Burton away DIDNT reached to the season ticket holders. 

22 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Depends which away games you'll be attending to though. 

Burton away DIDNT reached to the season ticket holders. 

I was thinking of last season. Even so it still rings pretty true. Burton and Forest are the only games where I don't think it would reach season tickket holders. Besides I said pretty much all the other matches, not all the other matches.

19 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I have away membership, it means I can book train tickets and hotels in advance at cheaper prices knowing I am assured of a ticket

Always book it soon as Sky confirmed the games though.. Am just looking at train tickets for next month... :) 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Where does it say this? I can't find this anywhere?

B4 was on about last season so you may see that again in February 2017 once information out for the game. 

30 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I haven't seen that either, as I was aware away members get first pick then it goes to season ticket holders that have attended X amount of games then onto another bracket of supporter.

It was last season though. 

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It does for forest i have seen it even last season it said it.

I know what you were on about B4... It may will be still the same, we'll see in February once the information are out for sure. 

Erm, was there even 5 away games played pre forest away last season?

i went, and I know I'd not been to 5 by that time?

i think you're mistaken lads.

i remember a 5 away ticket purchase rule for season ticket holders wanting to purchase for some games last season, I believe Rotherham may have been one,

Mind you, this season's trip to the dogs is after Xmas, so maybe they will do it, but I can't find proof?

Archived