Forest and Burton to finish top 10

davenportram

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Didn't think of that route to Europe but I'm still thinking highly unlikely when you see how easy Liverpool crushed them the other week, at some point in the cup they will come across one of the top 5 and get knocked out

How could you forget? It's Forest's route back to European competition this season if there manager is to be believed - just need to breeze past Arsenal next round and they'll be set. (Next year will have to be Burtons year)

On 01/09/2016 at 12:34, David said:

Bookmark it, if we're still here September 1st 2023 and Burton are in Europe (not pre season friendly) I will hand over £100. No need to pay £100 back if they are not. 

You could be attracting God's attention here.

Monday morning we find out that Bill Gates is a closet Brewers fan.

On 1 September 2016 at 21:33, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Burton won't be in Europe. 

Funny you should say that. That's exactly what people were saying (only with more conviction) when x amount of months ago when Derby looked like a shoe in for the Prem and Burton were just churning away in div 1, I levelled that idea that the two would come together in the same league soon and Burton would turn us over.

"It'll never happen." It's still ringing in my ears.

Should have had a few quid on that one too.

14 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I was bookmarking your bookmark. I'm going out tonight so I'm happy to cash out now for £70 if you want? Save yer sen a few quid.

Sounds like a remainer type of remark pre June 23, and you may have something in a way. I should have factored in the CPI.

I think theres a genuine chance forest will finish above us this season, we're rebuilding and trimming the squad and we'll be finding slow going this season personally. Forest dont bother me tbh, even if they somehow flooked their way up like us in 07 it wiuldnt really bother me, i think ive lost that love for our rivalry tbh, matches are tedious between us, boring in fact.

Burton will finish below us though imo, they wont sustain their level of performance throughout  the season.

On 1 September 2016 at 12:34, David said:

Bookmark it, if we're still here September 1st 2023 and Burton are in Europe (not pre season friendly) I will hand over £100. No need to pay £100 back if they are not. 

Does this include Cardiff or Swansea away? 

On 03/09/2016 at 23:09, DCFCArmy said:

I think theres a genuine chance forest will finish above us this season, we're rebuilding and trimming the squad and we'll be finding slow going this season personally. Forest dont bother me tbh, even if they somehow flooked their way up like us in 07 it wiuldnt really bother me, i think ive lost that love for our rivalry tbh, matches are tedious between us, boring in fact.

Burton will finish below us though imo, they wont sustain their level of performance throughout  the season.

Forest might win this fixture, therefore all of a sudden it doesn't matter.

How convenient :lol:

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Forest might win this fixture, therefore all of a sudden it doesn't matter.

How convenient :lol:

I haven't really felt anything since the 5-0, even the past 2 seasons the rivalry has bored me, the win last year was more a relief that we might make the playoffs rather than beating you. 

It might have something to so with us playing each other regularly, but the rivalry has gone a bit stale for me, a few seasons apart might do it some good. 

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

I haven't really felt anything since the 5-0, even the past 2 seasons the rivalry has bored me, the win last year was more a relief that we might make the playoffs rather than beating you. 

It might have something to so with us playing each other regularly, but the rivalry has gone a bit stale for me, a few seasons apart might do it some good. 

Don't be pessimistic mate, I'm sure Pearson can turn it around and you won't get relegated

On 3 September 2016 at 12:15, Muskination said:

Funny you should say that. That's exactly what people were saying (only with more conviction) when x amount of months ago when Derby looked like a shoe in for the Prem and Burton were just churning away in div 1, I levelled that idea that the two would come together in the same league soon and Burton would turn us over.

"It'll never happen." It's still ringing in my ears.

Should have had a few quid on that one too.

Me thinks that you're Burton fan.. No one cares about Burton and NO THEY WILL NOT BE IN EUROPE WITHIN NEXT SEVEN YEARS LOL. 

Archived