Deadline day ins and outs predictions

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yessaaaiii!!

2 years too late but it will do!!

All I hear is strikers in , wingers in , if we don't get a holding midfielder then hughesie and Bryso are no use to us either and those 2 are as good as anyone in the division when playing further up the field than present 

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

All I hear is strikers in , wingers in , if we don't get a holding midfielder then hughesie and Bryso are no use to us either and those 2 are as good as anyone in the division when playing further up the field than present 

Agree completely. 

There's a whole section of the pitch left undiscovered by Derby. 

I swear I've seen flowers growing on it. 

As soon as we get some reliable possession in there then the sooner we can see about players daring to go beyond even that. 

What exactly do we want them to do with the ball when they get it right now? I genuinley can't figure out where they're supposed to go. If they're very very lucky there's an Ince, a Russell or a Martin to hit. And then there's nowhere for them to go but back. 

Get these reliable lads in that huge chasm. 

They have the work rate to get back. They keep possession really well. Even if it's a sideways pass or, dare I say, a backwards one at least it's in their territory. 

All we need is a proper DM that has the discipline, the range and intelligence to hit passes into them and step to support and go again if we can't keep going forwards. 

Hughes can be a DM at a push. Bryson is wasted there. His best partner isn't Hughes or Hendrick or Thorne. It's Chris Martin.

Martin and Bryson were basically a strikeforce. 

Since that season they've never met again.

Bryson needs a pair of binoculars to see Martin now. He used to go past Martin!!!

Imagine that! Bryson occasionally going past Martin!! Madness! (and 30+ goals wasn't it?)

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I was reading an article yesterday listing the authors top 100 under 21's in the world, written last summer.

I was hoping I'd uncover some DCM pearl we might raid Europe for, but the names we're mostly familiar,  and when they weren't a quick Google revealed they'd already moved on to big European clubs.

Notably next to Dele Alli in the list was one William Hughes.

Granted it also featured Jordon Ibe, but he's moved for £15m recently, I wouldn't be suprised to see Will move for a similar amount now he's proved his fitness.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/100-best-young-players-to-watch-in-2016-full-list/

More. Look out what our Willberforce has achieved compared to Ibe. Derby young player of the year, Derby player of the year, football league young player of the year, Championship team of the season as opposed to… erm, a few games in The Prem.

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Agree completely. 

As soon as we get some reliable possession in there then the sooner we can see about players daring to go beyond even that. 

What exactly do we want them to do with the ball when they get it right now? I genuinley can't figure out where they're supposed to go. If they're very very lucky there's an Ince, a Russell or a Martin to hit. And then there's nowhere for them to go but back. 

They have the work rate to get back. They keep possession really well. Even if it's a sideways pass or, dare I say, a backwards one at least it's in their territory. 

All we need is a proper DM that has the discipline, the range and intelligence to hit passes into them and step to support and go again if we can't keep going forwards. 

Hughes can be a DM at a push. Bryson is wasted there. His best partner isn't Hughes or Hendrick or Thorne. It's Chris Martin.

Bryson needs a pair of binoculars to see Martin now. He used to go past Martin!!!

Imagine that! Bryson occasionally going past Martin!! Madness! (and 30+ goals wasn't it?)

This is why I rate Bryson so much. HE IS OUR PACEY STRIKER. 

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Agree completely. 

I think you'll find that the grass is cut far too often for anything to flower on it. You may get a daisy if you'er lucky. 

Here's what I hope for up until the window closes..

Ins: Wells - 10 mil + Butterfield or 4 mil if promoted. Guedioura - Season loan with view to buy 2 mil. 2 footed full back from Prem reserve.

Out: Bent, Butterfield, Russell and anyone else if its silly money for the individual.

What will happen..

Russell, Martin, Bryson will all leave. We'll sign a striker and a defender and loan 2 players in the loan window.

Archived