Inept players last night

Curtains

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously what has gone wrong??  I'm at a loss. I've been watching Derby since 92 and have never seen or heard anything like what I heard at the final whistle directed towards our own players.

It was hard to watch them last night. I think np needs to get them in bank holiday Monday and make them watch every single minute of this season and ask if any player can offer a reasonable explanation. 

Feel very unhappy with those players this morning. 

it may take two transfer windows but i reckon Martin, Ince, Bent , Hendrick & Grant to be gone .... and on recent performances the first 3 are probably the best way forward... interesting Pearson singing the praises of Bryson last night...on the radio interview.... thats why players like Blackmen & Johnson will stay ...effort over ability ..

1 minute ago, bucktwo said:

it may take two transfer windows but i reckon Martin, Ince, Bent , Hendrick & Grant to be gone .... and on recent performances the first 3 are probably the best way forward... interesting Pearson singing the praises of Bryson last night...on the radio interview.... thats why players like Blackmen & Johnson will stay ...effort over ability ..

What ability. 

Where is it .

Who shows ability at the moment   

Rabbits in headlights the lot of them  

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

What ability. 

Where is it .

Tbf those rabbits who eat the veg patch or very cunning n quick. Unless they have myxomatosis!  Maybe our players have that?

Its about time pearson said to all the players you will play on merit .we need a geraint williams\ robin vandelan in midfield, rb. Also against Carlisle the youngsters showed more enthusiasm than last night I would of kept them in against Burton made the others think.Pearson needs to sit the all down and ask do they want to play for him .I think they don't so he needs to poss sell Johnson ,Butterfield, Russell, ince, shacknell ,martin and replace with players who want to play for him asap. Unfortunately this years a right off again . The players should donate all there wages to Burton Albion fc they deserve it for there effort and teamwork, hope they go up .I remember kitson and co 10 million sold them Jim smith got vandelan ,stimac the rest is history

29 minutes ago, curtains said:

What ability. 

Where is it .

NP publically questioned their  ability in his Sky interview    ie    apparent lack of confidence could actually be lack of ability.

Yes they were trying, we had the same problems we have had for a while, we were outmuscled , we like to play keep ball and Burton didn't let us. We always have the same problem in the league cup. 

We have always struggled when we are closed down and the other team are very physical, like last night. You could see we had more quality last night, the issue was that Burton didn't allow us to use that quality.

A no people are anti BJ, but he does bring that physicality that we need in these matches, if he was fit I would have played him last night, GT also brings this. Bryson, Hughes to a certain extent and Butters do not really have this.

i still think that we didn't play enough pre season games hence why form isn't what it should be, we are on catch up.

so a bit of a perfect storm - lack of games = undercooked players, - lack of physicality = being out muscled. - new system = team struggle. 

i truly believe we will turn the corner, it will just take a little longer. It will all click a n we will be a threat this year. We will be up there challenging , support them through the difficult times. It will come good

6 minutes ago, Garry said:

Its about time pearson said to all the players you will play on merit .we need a geraint williams\ robin vandelan in midfield, rb. Also against Carlisle the youngsters showed more enthusiasm than last night I would of kept them in against Burton made the others think.Pearson needs to sit the all down and ask do they want to play for him .I think they don't so he needs to poss sell Johnson ,Butterfield, Russell, ince, shacknell ,martin and replace with players who want to play for him asap. Unfortunately this years a right off again . The players should donate all there wages to Burton Albion fc they deserve it for there effort and teamwork, hope they go up .I remember kitson and co 10 million sold them Jim smith got vandelan ,stimac the rest is history

Let's get Jim Smith back as Head of Recruitment - now he could spot a player!

Stimac, Van der Lann, Powell (Chris not Darryl!), Wanchope, Poom, Baiano, Eranio, 

Yes he made the odd rick - Beck, Bragstad etc but on the whole he was well in credit

i'm not seriously suggesting TBE as a viable option but we need someone with a much better knowledge of players and their attitudes before we sign them going forward.

I weep when I write these names compared to the dross from last night!

although massively disappointed to the start of the season , I think we have got to keep the faith, agreed last night is shocking and currently makes us the laughing stock , but I. Did see some passion and fight in the second half of the villa game the task of NP is to replicate that in every game, I'm hoping that the new boss will now start to stamp his authority with the the players especially the forwards , surely this has got to be the low point of the season, I say that with all respect to Burton.

Anybody watch Chelsea last season prior to the special getting the boot?

Players not being able to pass, lack of movement, no pace, team seems disinterested, lost the ability to score, players moaning amongst themselves.  

You can't just sell everyone and start again, what a ridiculous overreaction. I'm fuming after watching that last night with certain players - Ince was rubbish, but that wasn't him playing well, he was just absolute pants. I know he can perform, therefore I want to keep him and get him playing at 8-9/10 every week. Same with Will. Martin was poor but no support and he was no worse than Bent who replaced him.

A few of these players are ready to move on. Fine, wish them well. But the majority can be fixed, and can start to put in consistent performances. They look scared of playing. The fans haven't helped this, and I don't mean those supporters who have a sensible head on. The ones who groan and moan and boo (I won't start)

All we are doing is increasing the pressure and bringing down confidence. 

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

You can't just sell everyone and start again, what a ridiculous overreaction. I'm fuming after watching that last night with certain players - Ince was rubbish, but that wasn't him playing well, he was just absolute pants. I know he can perform, therefore I want to keep him and get him playing at 8-9/10 every week. Same with Will. Martin was poor but no support and he was no worse than Bent who replaced him.

A few of these players are ready to move on. Fine, wish them well. But the majority can be fixed, and can start to put in consistent performances. They look scared of playing. The fans haven't helped this, and I don't mean those supporters who have a sensible head on. The ones who groan and moan and boo (I won't start)

All we are doing is increasing the pressure and bringing down confidence. 

How are we increasing the pressure.

The players need to know their responsibilities .

35 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Let's get Jim Smith back as Head of Recruitment - now he could spot a player!

Stimac, Van der Lann, Powell (Chris not Darryl!), Wanchope, Poom, Baiano, Eranio, 

Yes he made the odd rick - Beck, Bragstad etc but on the whole he was well in credit

i'm not seriously suggesting TBE as a viable option but we need someone with a much better knowledge of players and their attitudes before we sign them going forward.

I weep when I write these names compared to the dross from last night!

Clough brought in a lot of good players on a shoestring (most of whom played last night) as did Burley. Its just recent history where we only buy absolute dross.

5 hours ago, curtains said:

How are we increasing the pressure.

The players need to know their responsibilities .

You watch Derby playing with freedom and fan support beginning of 14-15 season. High expectations, but the fans willed the team on and they put in some big performances. 

Then look around you at the next home game. I feel a constant nagging energy towards the pitch, from maybe 30% of our fans who have built up the really negative attitude and it just flows into the pitch. Our players look way off playing with freedom. I go as a supporter, to support, why do you go? As a moaner?

12 minutes ago, r4derby said:

The players need to know their responsibilities

Look around the Ipro carpark at all the fancy cars; we're paying for them - so they have the greatest of responsibilities and that is to keep us, the punters happy.

There are only a few other professions were you get paid  for something that others enjoy doing in their spare time and when that payment is so much greater that of the people that watch you. I'm afraid this group have let us down too much so whatever they get from the crowd they now deserve.

Archived