Inept players last night

Curtains

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

Look around the Ipro carpark at all the fancy cars; we're paying for them - so they have the greatest of responsibilities and that is to keep us, the punters happy.

There are only a few other professions were you get paid  for something that others enjoy doing in their spare time and when that payment is so much greater that of the people that watch you. I'm afraid this group have let us down too much so whatever they get from the crowd they now deserve.

Are you Mel?

I get where you're coming from, but I honestly don't begrudge a Derby player because he gets paid a lot of money. That's football, across Europe. There are tons of players getting paid more for putting in similar performances. 

Its NP's job to get them playing in a way that wins us games, it's the players responsibility to put in a shift. Most didn't do it yesterday, which left me frustrated. Their fancy cars sitting in a car park did not

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Look around the Ipro carpark at all the fancy cars; we're paying for them - so they have the greatest of responsibilities and that is to keep us, the punters happy.

There are only a few other professions were you get paid  for something that others enjoy doing in their spare time and when that payment is so much greater that of the people that watch you. I'm afraid this group have let us down too much so whatever they get from the crowd they now deserve.

Okey dokey lokidoki

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

You watch Derby playing with freedom and fan support beginning of 14-15 season. High expectations, but the fans willed the team on and they put in some big performances. 

Then look around you at the next home game. I feel a constant nagging energy towards the pitch, from maybe 30% of our fans who have built up the really negative attitude and it just flows into the pitch. Our players look way off playing with freedom. I go as a supporter, to support, why do you go? As a moaner?

No i go to support the team as I did against Carlisle. 

I never booooooo.

All the best will in the world really has little effect on the current situation. Pearson inherited an average squad he started the season with an average squad he can tweek and change members of the current squad but they are still average in what is a very strong league. In my opinion many of the current squad are just not good enough its not as stated a" confidence issue" the reality is lack of ability due to succesive poor buying by past management. The only way out of this is a slow process of weeding out the very poor players one by one , there really is no other way we do not have a squad of talent sitting on the sidelines awaiting there chance ,we have got to buy and we have to buy well, this is a real test for Pearson because if he can create a decent squad here at Derby he will be entitled to call himself a good football manager. This in my opinion is the size of the job and the seriousness of the situation.

10 minutes ago, old tray boy said:

All the best will in the world really has little effect on the current situation. Pearson inherited an average squad he started the season with an average squad he can tweek and change members of the current squad but they are still average in what is a very strong league. In my opinion many of the current squad are just not good enough its not as stated a" confidence issue" the reality is lack of ability due to succesive poor buying by past management. The only way out of this is a slow process of weeding out the very poor players one by one , there really is no other way we do not have a squad of talent sitting on the sidelines awaiting there chance ,we have got to buy and we have to buy well, this is a real test for Pearson because if he can create a decent squad here at Derby he will be entitled to call himself a good football manager. This in my opinion is the size of the job and the seriousness of the situation.

There may also be hope for a few in the development teams but that is not a quick fix either. 

I think some of the signings from recent seasons have left alot to be desired, far more misses than hits. Who exactly signed Bent and Ince as didnt they both come in a period between managers. Admittedly they scored a few goals whilst on loan but not too many people would say they had been entirely convincing either, I said at the time I would have signed neither (especially for the fee Ince demanded).

They seem the sort of players that when the going gets tough they tend to be missing. Ince seems to play his better games at home, and away from home regularly gets hussled out of it and then doesnt offer alot tracking back to remedy the situation. Bent can score as he spends his time trying to get in behind but that often means an offside flag and in a team thats not creating he can be pretty invisible.

The wing situation doesnt seem to have moved forward since the days of Dawkins and Ward either, not sure the replacements are an improvement on them. Camara might have his moments but looks raw and will probably be inconsistent, Ince tends to go inside rather than outside and Russell looks heavy after the summer off and not hit the ground running at all.

Forsyth was one of the few players who really did look in good nick so he will be sorely missed I feel on that kind of form.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

No i go to support the team as I did against Carlisle. 

I never booooooo.

Then I stand alongside you gladly at the iPro. You were one of the good ones that stayed until the end on Tuesday, gladly all the idiots left after the equaliser at FT (as well as non idiots who just had to get home for non idiot reasons)

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Then I stand alongside you gladly at the iPro. You were one of the good ones that stayed until the end on Tuesday, gladly all the idiots left after the equaliser at FT (as well as non idiots who just had to get home for non idiot reasons)

The penalties were mostly quality. 

Enjoyed the whole thing especially the 14-13 win. 

I love Derby County and always will. 

Thought Jono did well on the night. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

The penalties were mostly quality. 

Enjoyed the whole thing especially the 14-13 win. 

I love Derby County and always will. 

Thought Jono did well on the night. 

Don't worry mate, I'm not questioning your allegiance to Derby or your level of support. That's not how you should roll on a football forum. It's more to do with people's differing opinions, which is the point of a forum.

Glad you enjoyed the pens, I was just glad we got through, could see us slipping up but thought we took some brilliant penalties, especially Elsnik

2 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Don't worry mate, I'm not questioning your allegiance to Derby or your level of support. That's not how you should roll on a football forum. It's more to do with people's differing opinions, which is the point of a forum.

Glad you enjoyed the pens, I was just glad we got through, could see us slipping up but thought we took some brilliant penalties, especially Elsnik

Love Elsnik .

We could do worse than start him in the first team. 

He wouldn't let us down. 

Difficult times for Derby Fans at the moment. 

Archived