The club that we deserve

Comrade 86

So we hounded out Clough who cut the wages bill in half and built a side that was starting to play the decent football we all, for the most part, crave. We hounded out McLaren after a poor run of games and him having his head turned by Newcastle. We hounded out Clement because a top 6 finish in his first season at the club was considered a mandatory requirement.  We hounded out Wassall because after being thrown in at the deep end, he didn't meet our lofty expectations either, despite getting us to the play offs.  Now Pearson, after 5 games in the league needs sacking too according to some of the Derby faithful on here.

So if we get our way and Pearson gets the boot, we'll be on to our 6th manager since 13/14 which begs the simple question - why are we surprised at the poor performances of the team, quite a few of whom have had to endure what's been a proverbial manager merry-go-round? Yes, I'm aware it's not us who hires and fires, but let's not kid ourselves that we've played no role in this sequence of events either.

I'd lay strong money that some reasoned heads from outside DCFC might be looking at the club now and thinking that we've got the club we deserve. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

So we hounded out Clough who cut the wages bill in half and built a side that was starting to play the decent football we all, for the most part, crave. We hounded out McLaren after a poor run of games and him having his head turned by Newcastle. We hounded out Clement because a top 6 finish in his first season at the club was considered a mandatory requirement.  We hounded out Wassall because after being thrown in at the deep end, he didn't meet our lofty expectations either, despite getting us to the play offs.  Now Pearson, after 5 games in the league needs sacking too according to some of the Derby faithful on here.

So if we get our way and Pearson gets the boot, we'll be on to our 6th manager since 13/14 which begs the simple question - why are we surprised at the poor performances of the team, quite a few of whom have had to ensure what's been a proverbial manager merry-go-round? Yes, I'm aware it's not us who hires and fires, but let's not kid ourselves that we've played no role in this sequence of events either.

I'd lay strong money that some reasoned heads from outside DCFC might be looking at the club now and thinking that we've got the club we deserve. 

Are you Robbie Savage by any chance? 

We didn't hound out Clough, he'd had his time. I don't remember any hounding of Clement either, his sacking was a bit of a shock. Wassall I do agree people were ridiculous over him, embarrassing. 

I've read tweets tonight saying Mel needs to go, he's ruined our club. 

Where does it end? Fans have no patience and even less class. 

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

Are you Robbie Savage by any chance? 

We didn't hound out Clough, he'd had his time. I don't remember any hounding of Clement either, his sacking was a bit of a shock. Wassall I do agree people were ridiculous over him, embarrassing. 

I've read tweets tonight saying Mel needs to go, he's ruined our club. 

Where does it end? Fans have no patience and even less class. 

No mate - Robbie Savage has hair :)  

As for Clement not getting any stick, there was very little else on these forums after the Christmas period so I can't agree with that statement at all. Like you though, I do wonder where it will all end.  

10 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Every sacking was justified minus Clement. And even then the board was split 50/50. Watford had 4 managers in one season, it's not the be all and end all. The players need to have a long, hard look at themselves 

Exactly we've had lots of different managers take charge of this team and all of them have, despite some success, ultimately failed to deliver the goal of promotion. However justified the sackings were however, the fact all of these managers have had a similar core of players that have failed season by season to secure promotion must point to a mentality issue within the playing team and not just the manager.

I think its a brilliant club so much so i may apply for a position of iether player or manager.As a player you can do Fook aall and get a long term contract that pays well or as a manager know your going to plan a long term holiday in the near future with i suspect a nice redundancy package to boot.

2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

I think its a brilliant club so much so i may apply for a position of iether player or manager.As a player you can do Fook aall and get a long term contract that pays well or as a manager know your going to plan a long term holiday in the near future with i suspect a nice redundancy package to boot.

That's modern day football i'm afraid. At least at the top two levels in England. You either accept it or don't go. Agree with you but that's the reality of what football by and large has become. You can fail miserably and get handsomely rewarded and on top of that even get another gig somewhere else afterwards and do it all over again! :lol:

Our decline under McLaren was because he wanted to move on to bigger and better things. It would have been satisfying for us to win well tonight in front of him to further demonstrate what an ******** he was for dropping a good thing he had going here. Unfortunately time leads to people forgetting the bad and ugly. He will get a decent job somewhere else again and repeat the exact same actions. 

Clement came highly rated and left highly rated. He steadied our ship. Had us on target for a good season finish with the chance to go up. But the talk among all pundits is that Mel Morris stuck his head in where it should never be. 

Wassall was given the chance because no one wanted to come in at the time. Probably because every potential manager had heard the real reasons Paul Clement left. 

Wassall was then not given the chance despite being well versed in the Derby way because the Derby way is a load of made up crap.

Pearson came to us because he wanted to get back into management for a while and got knocked back by Villa at the final hurdle.

The shinning light in all of this is the investment into our training facilities. Grassroots football. Because out of the spotlight youngsters will hopefully be given the time to develop and crops of talent will hopefully creep up on us out of nowhere.

We have got to stick with a manger and that manager has got to stick with us. 

The idea that our season collapsed in 14/15 was due to McClaren not denying the Newcastle rumours is utter nonsense. We lost Martin, Bent, Thorne, Eustace, Mascarell, Buxton, Whitbread, Russell, Ward to injury and were forced to play Grant despite him being injured as well. I'd like to see any team stay at the top of a table with that many injuries. 

Archived