we need new 'intent' not new strikers!!

Mostyn6

5? Try to name 3, they don't have to be great just consistent, most if not all teams that win their league or get promoted have to do that to achieve that goal, at this moment we are not good enough with the players we have.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tonight, Martin was so isolated it was embarrassing. How is he supposed to impact the game if he's only getting ball chest height with his back to goal and a defender kicking his ankles. Absolute disgrace.

I also think, when Wilson came on, he didn't receive the ball from a Derby pass ONCE, his only touches came when the ball fell into his path!

We need a new way of playing before we start looking at new players.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

tonight, Martin was so isolated it was embarrassing. How is he supposed to impact the game if he's only getting ball chest height with his back to goal and a defender kicking his ankles. Absolute disgrace.

I also think, when Wilson came on, he didn't receive the ball from a Derby pass ONCE, his only touches came when the ball fell into his path!

We need a new way of playing before we start looking at new players.

I agree but I think there may be an issue with the attitude and ability of our players too.

On 25/08/2016 at 14:30, Mostyn6 said:

Those of you getting wet with excitement any time we are linked with new strikers are in for bitter disappointment if you think we will suddenly start scoring a boat load of goals.

We don't need new players as much as we need to improve the level of positive attacking intent.

You can't score goals when all your players are near halfway, so buying Vydra is not going to improve anything.

Never a truer word spoken. Anyone who thinks a striker is our solution is sadly mistaken 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Let's just give up then because these players have. 

Unfortunately we don't give up though do we??  Can anyone say they have given up? It looks that way! But who knows! Np has 2 weeks to sort this mess our now, we need to see a massive improvement. 

Need to replace a number of players not just a striker.

The players didn't seem interested last night, we struggled to put two passes together, there was a lack of movement within the midfield, Martin Isolated once again [similar to games last season], the final ball was terrible, we had Bryson whinging at Keogh about his passing putting pressure on us.

These players are possibly past there best, move them out while we have time and rebuild.

Either that or give a good kick up the backside improve or out!

Maybe we are expecting too much?

We do look like the Chelsea team of last season............

36 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

yes a striker is needed , but above all else a strong cdm should be top of the list , then hughesy can move forward and supply for the strikers

I agree. More than anything we need a horrible nasty c*nt in midfield.

Archived