Hughes back in the 21's

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't sure he'd still be eligible as he just turned 21, but they do seem able to play for a little while after. Rashford in the squad too. Here's  a big writeup from the FA: http://www.thefa.com/news/england/under-21/2016/aug/squad-named-for-norway-game-250816

and the full squad is:

Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Sunderland), Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday)

Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Brendan Galloway (West Bromwich Albion, loan from Everton), Kortney Hause (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rob Holding (Arsenal), Mason Holgate (Everton), Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Matt Targett (Southampton)

Midfielders: Lewis Baker (Vitesse Arnhem, loan from Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Isaac Hayden (Newcastle United), Will Hughes (Derby County), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), John Swift (Reading), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Nathan Redmond (Southampton), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Duncan Watmore (Sunderland)

39 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Great news after his long lay off, congrates Will!

Title need little bit wording mate. I knew what you were on about mate but some people might think he's back for Derby u21 lol. 

56 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wasn't sure he'd still be eligible as he just turned 21, but they do seem able to play for a little while after. Rashford in the squad too. Here's  a big writeup from the FA: http://www.thefa.com/news/england/under-21/2016/aug/squad-named-for-norway-game-250816

and the full squad is:

Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Sunderland), Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday)

Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Brendan Galloway (West Bromwich Albion, loan from Everton), Kortney Hause (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rob Holding (Arsenal), Mason Holgate (Everton), Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Matt Targett (Southampton)

Midfielders: Lewis Baker (Vitesse Arnhem, loan from Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Isaac Hayden (Newcastle United), Will Hughes (Derby County), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), John Swift (Reading), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Nathan Redmond (Southampton), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Duncan Watmore (Sunderland)

Just think, the next time a U-21 squad is announced it might say James Wilson (Derby County) in the forwards section, just going by what I saw of Grealish for starters.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Just think, the next time a U-21 squad is announced it might say James Wilson (Derby County) in the forwards section, just going by what I saw of Grealish for starters.

Championship players are:

GKs: Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday)

Defenders: Kortney Hause (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Midfielders: Isaac Hayden (Newcastle United), Will Hughes (Derby County)

Forwards: Jack Grealish (Aston Villa)

Agree about Wilson and definitely something to aim for for Lowe, Guy and Rawson as the season progresses. And I expect we'll see young Timi Max graduate from the U19s to the Slovenian U21 squad soon!

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Championship players are:

GKs: Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday)

Defenders: Kortney Hause (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Midfielders: Isaac Hayden (Newcastle United), Will Hughes (Derby County)

Forwards: Jack Grealish (Aston Villa)

Agree about Wilson and definitely something to aim for for Lowe, Guy and Rawson as the season progresses. And I expect we'll see youn Timi Max graduate from the U19s to the Slovenian U21 squad soon!

He's pretty well known in Slovenia generally. If he keeps getting opportunities for us I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the senior Slovenian set up. He's expecting to enter the U21s this season, I'd say he's nailed on for it.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

and the full squad is:

I think the rule is that you can play over age as long as you were part of the qualification campaign. That's why you see some 23 year olds play sometimes.

18 hours ago, Shang said:

I think the rule is that you can play over age as long as you were part of the qualification campaign. That's why you see some 23 year olds play sometimes.

Yeah if you've been involved in the squad for qualification games then you can play in the competition, which is why Ince was asked the other year! 

Archived