Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SWFC_FAN said:

Keep dreaming 

Wba said same bout king george.... hull said same bout ince.... burnley said same bout shacks.... Huddersfield said same bout butters... thing is we had too much clout and pull than those 4 clubs.... same as we do compared to you.... we are DERBY COUNTY, and who sam wants he gets.... be ready to see him reappear with his big cheesy grin and polished head stood next to forestieri clutching our famous top

Reports have come out that the bid was rejected, their manager has said today they aren't selling, so I'm not sure why this story won't go away.

I dont know anything about the Forestieri bid. If its a smokescreen or not. But there is something that just doesnt add up about it at all. 

The Derby telegraph does not report on bids unless A) There is one and B) Mel Morris wants us to know about it. 

Because we must have had bids in for other players now and must have before now too. We have probably had bids in for players that we have no idea about and will never here from again. Rest assured, if Mel Morris didnt want this out in the open. The telegraph would never have printed it. 

Derby have done an excellent job of keeping things under wraps. So why this?

Its strange from the Sheff Weds end too. We are talking about their best player here. They havent come out and said with any conviction that they have rejected a bid and that he will not be sold. Carvahal said he didnt no anything about a bid from Derby. When it was put to him "So you WILL not sell Forestieri" He responded by saying "We do not want to sell our best players"

Theres a big difference between saying we will not sell someone and we dont want to sell. Its too quiet from their side.

We have had bids in for Hendrick and Martin now. Big bids. We have rejected them. 

I personally would pay £12 million for him. Like it or not. Its the going rate for a player like him at the minute. I would happily sell Hendrick for 8 million and put it towards Forestieri. 

I think we will spend big on a striker this window and if we sell Martin. Maybe even 2. 

I think this is the most frustrating transfer rumour of the summer. It's clearly not going to happen, not unless we seemingly offer one of our key players in exchange. 

I'd leave well alone. I do think he's a good player and I'd be happy if he signed, but there's better out there. I think after Johnson, we should be wary of signing players off the back of their seasonal best career. He scored 15 goals last season, but he's never threatened double figures before that. If we could sign him for what Wednesday signed him for then we would have had a bargain, but now we're in the territory of looking like daft ...... for paying over the odds for an 'in-form' player. 

I think signing any in-form player is mental, for one you're by definition taking him completely out of the environment that he excelled in. We could sign FF for £12m and then see the player that Watford saw, not Wednesday. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Reports have come out that the bid was rejected, their manager has said today they aren't selling, so I'm not sure why this story won't go away.

Please can you send me a link please? 

No reputable source has confirmed a bid has been rejected as far as I am aware.

13 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Please can you send me a link please? 

No reputable source has confirmed a bid has been rejected as far as I am aware.

What do you mean by reputable? Just google it and you can see the results - they are about as reputable as the ones that say we have made a bid.

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

What do you mean by reputable? Just google it and you can see the results - they are about as reputable as the ones that say we have made a bid.

So I googed Forestieri bid rejected. The first 3 results speak in a future tense that a bid will be rejected. I can't find any sources that state a bid has been rejected.

The Derby Telegraph reported a that a bid HAD been made; no talk of rumours or gossip.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Nick_Ram said:

So I googed Forestieri bid rejected. The first 3 results speak in a future tense that a bid will be rejected. I can't find any sources that state a bid has been rejected.

The Derby Telegraph reported a that a bid HAD been made; no talk of rumours or gossip.

Might this mean he could have a clause that means wendies can't reject an offer above a certain level? if Derby have made a bid, wendies say he's going nowhere but haven't actually rejected the bid? Like Bryson and burnnley? Who knows? 

Archived