HTFC North Stand

rsmini

Just seen this via Twitter posted by Huddersfield North Stand perhaps it highlights the problem in the south stand of getting everyone to join in. Looks like they have singers down the front of the stand. Our main core is towards the back and a chant takes a while to filter through to the rest of the stand. It's just an observation and I am a season ticket holder in the SS

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is with the south stand is that there is a mix of people looking for cheap season tickets, people who will make some noise and have a good time, and people who are too cool to "join in" unless their mates start it.

If you could persuade a group to go to the front with drums and a megaphone, I'm convinced that half the crowd would give them abuse and try to sabotage it, the other half would tell them to sit down.

I would love to give this a go but I think you would need to rearrange the stand, allocate one upper block to fans who are going to make a racket all game, have flags going all game and sing what the block "capos" ( bossy ********) tell them to.

Problem is, one, reorganising it all, people will kick off if they have to move, and two, who decides if a fan is definitely going to join in, that is a massive amount of responsibility to say who can and can't go in a block.

Teams like Huddersfield can start from scratch, our stadium is too full to be given a new block to try it out.

I've was dead against this 'orchestration' idea for a long time but now I'm adamantly for it. Has to be worth a try. Try it for several games unless the first is a disaster and then maybe poll the fans on all the social media about what they think.

In a personal reflection, I'm perhaps a bit guilty of rarely being the one to start a song (mainly because when I try nobody listens) but I always come away from a home game having lost my voice. So I'd absolutely be happy to hand over the direction and organisation to someone else telling me what to sing.

Just a case of finding people who'd be willing to do it!

I guess we should consider this thread our call to arms. Help wanted. Maniac required for weekend shifts and occasional midweek evenings. Must be proficient with a megaphone. Must be willing to keep songs going all game. Must be willing to perhaps (probably the deal breaker for most) miss some of the action now and again in favour of keeping the sound going. 

I used to sit near the lads at the top who used to sing a lot of songs for people to join in. The problem is there is small groups of people who try and start songs but no one else follows there seems to be a 'If they start a song don't join in' attitude around.

You are right about the prices I don't have many people around me who are season ticket holders. I have a few the rest are random turn up on the day and some choose a game type of fans. They just literally moan all game, don't sing and I also have quite a few in front who sit down as a family and most of all on there phones..

Pretty amazing really.

7 hours ago, Tombo said:

Must be willing to perhaps (probably the deal breaker for most) miss some of the action now and again in favour of keeping the sound going. 

There's plenty that miss some of the action...... They are always on their phones, banning them might be a good start!

Also, reading half the post match comments on here would suggest a good proportion of people dont actually watch the game anyway!!!!!

Archived