Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Thought the sending off was harsh to be honest but Xhaqa put himself in a situation he really shouldn't have.

Yes,there wasn't much contact and it looked worse as he took off like some sort of Mortal Kombat move so it could have gone either way.

I think if you're off the ground these days when you dive in your off.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just have no idea what Wenger is trying to achieve arguing with the fourth official? Is he expecting him to go on the pitch and overturn the decision? 

Same with the players going over to the officials after the match has finished, what can they possibly be hoping to achieve?

FA got a msssive decision to make now..... they need to go after him hard.....

This is why I got peeved with the Ref Thread yesterday on here.....

A coach or young lad on a Sunday will think it's fair game to that to a ref now if the FA end up being lily livered.... 

They ain't going to change the refs mind. 

11 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

A coach or young lad on a Sunday will think it's fair game to that to a ref now if the FA end up being lily livered.... 

This is what I dont get about the 4th official, it almost seems like they were introduced to allow the likes of ferguson in his day and wenger to have someone to vent their frustration over.

Its not like the 4th official is the decision maker, why does he even need to stand near the managers? Can he not do his job from the stands out of their way?

32 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Just because Wenger acted like a spoilt child despite (in my opinion) Jon Moss getting the big decisions right doesn't mean referees are beyond criticism. Any punishment coming Wengers' way will be fully deserved but the ref thread yesterday was fully justified  - the bloke was a totally incompetent buffoon.

As a general point, the thing that really grates with a lot of fans is the sheer arrogance shown by many of todays' officials and I include the linos in that. I usually watch the weekend highlights on most of the TV channels and even more so in Leagues 1 & 2,  some of the preening and posing that's on display is stomach churning!

30 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Just because Wenger acted like a spoilt child despite (in my opinion) Jon Moss getting the big decisions right doesn't mean referees are beyond criticism. Any punishment coming Wengers' way will be fully deserved but the ref thread yesterday was fully justified  - the bloke was a totally incompetent buffoon.

As a general point, the thing that really grates with a lot of fans is the sheer arrogance shown by many of todays' officials and I include the linos in that. I usually watch the weekend highlights on most of the TV channels and even more so in Leagues 1 & 2,  some of the preening and posing that's on display is stomach churning!

Totally agree they are not beyond criticism. Also agree they'll be a few who pose. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

This is what I dont get about the 4th official, it almost seems like they were introduced to allow the likes of ferguson in his day and wenger to have someone to vent their frustration over.

Its not like the 4th official is the decision maker, why does he even need to stand near the managers? Can he not do his job from the stands out of their way?

What job do they even do?!

Completely pointless job.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

What job do they even do?!

Completely pointless job.

Hold up the added on time and sub's boards?

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Who did that before the 4th official? Who does it in Sunday league? I don't know how we ever survived without them. 

I don't think anyone did, think the sub's just got read out over the tanoy, and no one knew how much added on time there would be.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

If I was a referee I'd become arrogant too. It has reached the stage now where officials are criticised for giving correct decisions. 'The decision was correct, but he wasn't in the correct position to give it blah blah'

The obsession with officials in this country has given officials widespread coverage in the media.

Nobody knew their names 10-15 years ago, but nowadays you have Howard Webb analysing every decision on BT sport in his own studio and a host of other referees constantly talked about.

It's beyond weird. And I really don't understand why...

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If I was a referee I'd become arrogant too. It has reached the stage now where officials are criticised for giving correct decisions. 'The decision was correct, but he wasn't in the correct position to give it blah blah'

The obsession with officials in this country has given officials widespread coverage in the media.

Nobody knew their names 10-15 years ago, but nowadays you have Howard Webb analysing every decision on BT sport in his own studio and a host of other referees constantly talked about.

It's beyond weird. And I really don't understand why...

I had to giggle at the reactions of Wenger, the crowd and just about everybody else in the Arsenal game today - the chants of "You don't know what you're doing" ringing around the ground... and yet the ref (Jon Moss, I believe) got just about every single decision spot on.

Archived