Guardian Championship Preview

AutoWindscreens

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The gumps set for "a possible relegation dalliance".

There is a nice comment on the first page about the journo talking rubbish and hiw forest are gonna finish about 9th or higher. He also lists about 6 'class' players they have got in their squad.

I don't usually take pre season previews with any great degree of seriousness but it's interesting that a number of the ones I have seen still rate us as title contenders as opposed to the majority view amongst supporters (and I include myself in that group) that we are probably looking at 4th to 6th. 

Do the neutrals see something we don't and are we all overly pessimistic, or perhaps just closer to the situation, more in tune and better informed? 

2 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I don't usually take pre season previews with any great degree of seriousness but it's interesting that a number of the ones I have seen still rate us as title contenders as opposed to the majority view amongst supporters (and I include myself in that group) that we are probably looking at 4th to 6th. 

Do the neutrals see something we don't and are we all overly pessimistic, or perhaps just closer to the situation, more in tune and better informed? 

Overly pessimistic, imo

12 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I'd guess most would agree the majority of our players under performed last season. We have the same players minus some fringe that didn't really weaken us when they left. So, with a better manager I can only see us being better. We were in the playoffs last season and 1 ridiculous performance kept us from Wembley. 

We can still get rid of a few players and bring in a couple of improvements so why shouldn't people think we are contenders. Only an idiot would think we aren't in with a shout.

apologies to the wrist slasher ?

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

... describes George Thorne as Derby's Sergio Busquets! 

If we had a Busquets...

The way he's always broken, I think they mean Sergio Biscuits

Excuse me?

Fernando Forestieri (Sheffield Wednesday)

Wednesday’s Argentinian/Italian star striker cum crowd favourite may be fond of diving but 15 goals in 35 Championship appearances last season were rewarded with a (losing) play-off final appearance against Hull. A big factor in the South Yorkshire team’s renaissance, Forestieri promises to prove even more dangerous this term, particularly as he now has Fletcher alongside him.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Excuse me?

Tis a correct use of the word, you know! 

Why it was adopted for fluid of the genital region I've no idea. Sounds like a good Etymology hunt for someone.

Archived