Anthony Knockeart

TETRA

I read this morning in the papers that Newcastle have just bid £10 Million for Anthony Knockeart from Brighton & had the bid rejected outright. Talk about buy your way out of the Championship, if that bid was successful that would have taken their spending to well over £40 Million this summer. I believe Brighton only paid around £2.6 Million for him last January.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, TETRA said:

I read this morning in the papers that Newcastle have just bid £10 Million for Anthony Knockeart from Brighton & had the bid rejected outright. Talk about buy your way out of the Championship, if that bid was successful that would have taken their spending to well over £40 Million this summer. I believe Brighton only paid around £2.6 Million for him last January.

Well we cant moan too much considering our expenditure last season, I read too Wolves were looking to pay £20 million for a player too,

There are some big spending clubs in the championship this year thats for certain.

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Their spending may have been 30 odd million but can hardly blame them when they've made more than that from wijnaldum and Townsend sales more again when sissoko goes.

And there will still be plenty more go yet . Tiote , Cisse,  janmaat , de Jong to name a few .

2 hours ago, Brighton said:

We might as well pack up now as teams like ours will never win promotion when teams coming down just buy our best players. I'm losing interest in football to be honest.

Chin up, it could be worse, you could be a Forest fan.

3 hours ago, Brighton said:

We might as well pack up now as teams like ours will never win promotion when teams coming down just buy our best players. I'm losing interest in football to be honest.

Would knockaert want to go to Newcastle?  Assume Brighton wouldn't want to sell and you don't need the money right?

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Would knockaert want to go to Newcastle?  Assume Brighton wouldn't want to sell and you don't need the money right?

We don't need the money and our golden rule is never sell to a promotin rival to strengthen them and weaken us but money talks. If they were to bid £15 million and the player askes to leave then our club wouldn't stand in any players way. So depressed as 5 of our top players are being head hunted.

Wish we was like Derby who say - Do one as they're not for sale at any price.

4 minutes ago, Brighton said:

At least they don't have to worry about waking up every morning to read that so and so want your best players 

There was a time once, not to long ago, when no one wanted Derby players. Because they were crap. And undesirable. Now they're attractive. And everyone wants a piece.

Brighton should enjoy being attractive, and people wanting some

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

There was a time once, not to long ago, when no one wanted Derby players. Because they were crap. And undesirable. Now they're attractive. And everyone wants a piece.

I know but it'll be so hard to replace with such little time before the season starts. Knockart is to us the difference between fighting for promotion or the play-offs.

Newcastle will romp it tbh.. but lets not bring up the fact the spunked nearly 80m quid up the wall last season, and have since spent another 30m this summer, that's 110m quid spent on players in 2 transfer windows... what is the point of FFP? we spent 25m quid and are on a sell before we buy... will SKY and the BBC ramble on about big spending Newcastle this season.. or will they still mock us for spending 2m on Weimann?

6 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

Newcastle will romp it tbh.. but lets not bring up the fact the spunked nearly 80m quid up the wall last season, and have since spent another 30m this summer, that's 110m quid spent on players in 2 transfer windows... what is the point of FFP? we spent 25m quid and are on a sell before we buy... will SKY and the BBC ramble on about big spending Newcastle this season.. or will they still mock us for spending 2m on Weimann?

Tbf to Newcastle they sold Wijnaldum for 25 million, Tiote looks set to leave for a lot to a middle east team, Townsend was sold for 12 million, Sissoko looks set to leave for £35 million, Janmaat,Thauvin and Krul also may leave so they are only spending what they have gained via selling players.

Newcastle are just selling players that don't want to be there this season and signing proven top quality players for this level. It's exactly what they need to do and why they'll smash it this season. They'll still come out in profit for the season as well so just suck it up and watch on.

16 hours ago, r4derby said:

Apart from Hendrick I can't remember any other of our players who have been the subject of a bid from another club this summer, or have I missed something ?. They certainly haven't been queuing up for the players we overspent £25 Million on last summer sadly.

Archived