Anthony Knockeart

TETRA

When you think what we spent on Weimann, what was it £2 Million. Compared to the £2.6 Million Brighton spent on Knockeart last January. It does make you wonder about the quality of our recruitment team. Didn't Chris Winstanley leave us to head the recruitment team at Brighton last year ?, I'm fairly sure he did.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TETRA said:

Apart from Hendrick I can't remember any other of our players who have been the subject of a bid from another club this summer, or have I missed something ?. They certainly haven't been queuing up for the players we overspent £25 Million on last summer sadly.

You're right, but there has been lots of speculation with our players, most of which would command a hefty fee.

If you don't include Bucko...or Fozzy possibly going for cheap...or Keogh in his last year. You know what, never mind

Sith Happens
18 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

Newcastle will romp it tbh.. but lets not bring up the fact the spunked nearly 80m quid up the wall last season, and have since spent another 30m this summer, that's 110m quid spent on players in 2 transfer windows... what is the point of FFP? we spent 25m quid and are on a sell before we buy... will SKY and the BBC ramble on about big spending Newcastle this season.. or will they still mock us for spending 2m on Weimann?

Of course that logic really goes out the window when you look at last seasons transfer windows....in August Newcastle were the 2nd highest net spenders, and then in January the highest net spenders...worked out well for them then :)

They will be favourties but for me there is something just wrong at the club, they have a decent manager but he has no pedigree at this level, they probably will win it, but it does have potential car crash written all over it , and heres hoping.

50 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Of course that logic really goes out the window when you look at last seasons transfer windows....in August Newcastle were the 2nd highest net spenders, and then in January the highest net spenders...worked out well for them then :)

They will be favourties but for me there is something just wrong at the club, they have a decent manager but he has no pedigree at this level, they probably will win it, but it does have potential car crash written all over it , and heres hoping.

My thoughts exactly. Seen teams down the years spunking loads of cash to buy success and it falling flat.

Man City early 80s - Steve daley, Trevor Francis,  Steve mackenzie,  Tommy Hutchison. .....

Derby early 90s - short,  kitson,  Johnson,  Pembridge. ......

I see the toon in the same potential way.

Plus rafas a prize one, and that shifty sweatshop owner deserves to have his pants down.

4 hours ago, David said:

I would rather have Weimann than Knockaert, the guy is an absolute_______

I await a bid for Weimann from Newcastle for a figure above £10 Million anytime soon then if that's the case ????

Just now, TETRA said:

I await a bid for Weimann from Newcastle for a figure above £10 Million anytime soon then if that's the case ????

Hopefully not as he's a player I really want us to keep and start playing. 

6 hours ago, TETRA said:

When you think what we spent on Weimann, what was it £2 Million. Compared to the £2.6 Million Brighton spent on Knockeart last January. It does make you wonder about the quality of our recruitment team. Didn't Chris Winstanley leave us to head the recruitment team at Brighton last year ?, I'm fairly sure he did.

Knockaert was a free transfer last summer as well!

Weimann's career at Derby consists of flattering to deceive for 10 games or so last autumn, then being very good for an hour against Hull last game.

I'm hopeful based on that game but before that I'd pretty much written him off.

In what world is Knockaert is worth £10m plus? It's ******* crackers. He's a decent player I suppose, but not one who makes me worry unduly when he lines up against us. Same world Jeff's worth £10m plus I suppose.

The splurge last summer looks like bargain basement shopping in the light of this years moves.

17 minutes ago, needles said:

Weimann's career at Derby consists of flattering to deceive for 10 games or so last autumn, then being very good for an hour against Hull last game.

I'm hopeful based on that game but before that I'd pretty much written him off.

In what world is Knockaert is worth £10m plus? It's ******* crackers. He's a decent player I suppose, but not one who makes me worry unduly when he lines up against us. Same world Jeff's worth £10m plus I suppose.

The splurge last summer looks like bargain basement shopping in the light of this years moves.

Problem with Weimann is he's never been given a real run in the team, 13 starts last season in total in a team that saw all our attackers struggle for form is poor management.

He's a proven Premier League player where as Knockaert managed 9 games in the Prem before being shipped out to Belgium.

Give Weimann a real run and we have a far better player in our squad than Knockaert, one that won't spend 80 minutes on his arse trying to con the ref.

22 minutes ago, David said:

Problem with Weimann is he's never been given a real run in the team, 13 starts last season in total in a team that saw all our attackers struggle for form is poor management.

He's a proven Premier League player where as Knockaert managed 9 games in the Prem before being shipped out to Belgium.

Give Weimann a real run and we have a far better player in our squad than Knockaert, one that won't spend 80 minutes on his arse trying to con the ref.

I thought we'd got a good 'un when he signed. Hopefully you're right and I accept the logic, but now he's got to deliver under a what is obviously a good management team. Fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, TETRA said:

Weimann could be a top player at this level though, his performance in the 2nd leg V hull showed what he can do at this level, we looked poorer when he went off. 

A lot of our signings could yet prove to be great buys, Ince was said to have "under-performed" last season yet scored 12 or so goals and had a fair few assists, was in the top 5 i believe, so if NP can get the best out of him on a consistent basis we could have a dynamite, same for Weimann.. and I'm not ruling out a good tally from Blackman, the bloke came in at a bad time last season and ended up playing for "waffle", no offence to wassall but he's not exactly a "motivator" lol. 

Newcastle are rightly hot faves, and Norwich will be 2nd, with probably Villa and Brighton both above us as well, but that will play into our hands a little and we might relax a little, we haven't been great at handling the "fav" tag. 

Archived