Robot Wars

eddie

It's back, and more awesome than ever, about 10 years on from the last series.

Tonight's winners were Carbide, a team from Derby, whose robot has a pretty awesome spinning blade which dismantled their opponents - literally.

It's 10 years since the last series - no Craig Charles any more, but now it's presented by Dara O'Briain.

Don't know if any of my old buddies are taking part this time around.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't like the how they kept flipping between the camera angles (especially the one behind the glass with the steel joiner in the glass) and then looking at the crowd mid fight. Other than that it was great

It lost something when Chaos 2 and Hypno disc left imo, Hypno Disc were the original blade destroyers and any robot taking that sort of design is a rip off imo lol. 

The last series left a sour taste as well.. Storm 2 and Typhoon 2... everyone knows Storm won that battle and they gave it to the other team because they decided push robots like Tornado and Storm were "boring".. once things become corrupt and about money and viewers it totally loses its appeal. 

35 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I am sure the house robots used to do a bit more damage and were more aggressive.

No Sgt Bash, unfortunately, but the lovely Matilda shows promise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2016 at 11:00, Animal is a Ram said:

Just takes me back to Friday nights when I was about 8.

Two Simpsons episodes, Robot Wars, then a hop over to Channel 4 for Fort Boyard.

That was the life.

Carbide was excellent. The new Hypnodisk. Even better that they were from Derby.

Angela Scanlon too :wub:

Carbides hum won me over. Feel like they're going to lose to a reliability issue with the rotor though.

Archived