Showpiece Friendly

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Apologies if already covered, but normally we have a showpiece friendly at home pre season Havent seen anything to say we are this time round.

Anybody know why? i always quite enjoy going to these, cant remember the last time we didnt have one.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went in there last week to change seats for season ticket (ended up keeping same ones anyway) and the guy showed us where our new seats would be and the place looked like a building site, he said they were behind schedule and he wasn't kidding haha.. they were doing stuff to the directors box and they still need to sort out the ends of the pitch, and also all the wiring beneath the floor. The pitch looked bigger and the extra lights looked pretty good. So the only reason we don't have a home fixture is because the stadium just wouldn't be ready in time.

5 hours ago, Srg said:

Well, we always relay it. More the fact it is now partially synthetic. 

its more that it took longer to relay due to using a new technique of using synthetic materiel to help anchor the roots. As far as I'm aware the grass surface is all real grass.

11 hours ago, davenportram said:

its more that it took longer to relay due to using a new technique of using synthetic materiel to help anchor the roots. As far as I'm aware the grass surface is all real grass.

The stuff i seen them laying was plastic grass mixed with real grass

4 hours ago, davenportram said:

theres no artificial grass at all. Yarn is injected into the subsurface usinga giant laser guided sewing machine, to make the roots healthier.

http://landscapeandamenity.com/news/read/4144/derby-county-in-new-pitch-deal

How can you take the pitch seriously if it is full of yarn. i am not going to mown about it though! Turf one to call, the Brighton game.:D

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

How can you take the pitch seriously if it is full of yarn. i am not going to mown about it though! Turf one to call, the Brighton game.:D

I'm sure this thread could be strung out for a while, but we shouldn't tie too many puns in one post.

Archived