Round pegs in Round holes

RiddingsRam

1 minute ago, t'oldu said:

You've forgotton the Hard man / 'bit of rough' who replaced Rowett ? as RCB and had an affair with Laursen's wife and visibly  made life so uncomfortable for Laursen on the pitch that he gave up the captaincy , sent his wife and children back home and eventually followed her. The Hard guy went to Man City??and did similar things there!! Eventually finished up at Southend via Cardiff and now lives in OZ and is used as a pundit by Talksport.

What WAS his name ???

Spencer Prior?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd like to see this formation and see how they get on

Carson

Christie        Keogh      Shackell       Fozzy

Thorne

Hughes         Johnson/Butters

Ince

Martin       Bent/new striker

Of course we could just as easily put Hendrick or Bryson in the Johnson/Butters position.

Hughes is obviously a starter.

5 hours ago, t'oldu said:

You've forgotton the Hard man / 'bit of rough' who replaced Rowett ? as RCB and had an affair with Laursen's wife and visibly  made life so uncomfortable for Laursen on the pitch that he gave up the captaincy , sent his wife and children back home and eventually followed her. The Hard guy went to Man City??and did similar things there!! Eventually finished up at Southend via Cardiff and now lives in OZ and is used as a pundit by Talksport.

What WAS his name ???

Just going through the list of Derby players that have had affairs since 1990, I've managed to narrow the answer down to 1 of 37 players.

From when I talk to my mates about how Leicester played, I see something I'd describe as between a 4-4-2 and a 4-2-3-1. It's even similar to a muddled up 4-3-3. What works about it is that it isn't a Burnley flat 4-4-2, it's got levels and dynamics.

A holding midfielder (Thorne) with a more box to box midfielder next to him (Bryson, Hendrick, Johnson).

Then a winger I'm the side of your most attacking full-back that is quick and can track back (Camara, Russell) with another winger on the side of your more defensive full-back who plays the Mahrez role (Ince, Blackman).

Then there's a player who's playing just off the striker (Hughes, Weimann, Butterfield) and a main striker (Martin, Bent).

I think there's room for change in the players I suggested in each position, which adds a fluidity to how you can set up each game, particularly when you have the squad we have.

Carson

Christie  Keogh  Shackell  Forsyth

GT/BJ            

JH/CB

JR/AC                                         

NB/TI      

AW/WH/JB

CM/DB          

Archived