Who's going to the Euros?

Carl Sagan

While I'm always club before country, I'm looking forward to the summer and am extremely lucky to have tickets for the England Russia game. Anyone else popping over (or under) the Channel? I'm guessing @Derby_EnglandLoyalhas got to be first in the queue.

Wales are my dark horses. Can England score more than (the many) we'll concede Take the right players and pick the right team and we definitely have a chance.

A bientôt...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some posts been missing due some issues so I'll say this be extra careful in Marseille! 

Wales going home after 3 games. 

Not going home until we're out (Hopefully Euro Winner) 

Not taking my flag (I don't want French or anyone else steal it and burn it which is very sad really) that's why I leave it at home.  Anyway everything ready!!! 

All England aren't we 

:) 

9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Some posts been missing due some issues so I'll say this be extra careful in Marseille! 

Wales going home after 3 games. 

Not going home until we're out (Hopefully Euro Winner) 

Not taking my flag (I don't want French or anyone else steal it and burn it which is very sad really) that's why I leave it at home.  Anyway everything ready!!! 

All England aren't we 

:) 

is there a lot of flag burning taking place that isn't reported in the press?

Just now, davenportram said:

is there a lot of flag burning taking place that isn't reported in the press?

It's everywhere not just France. Ignore the press they're just trying to scare us off. 

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

I've not heard, read or seen a bad press report so how are they trying to scare us off?

There was some nonsense in one paper about IS planning to bomb English football fans.

I have read that no achole before the our games 24 hours before and 24 hours afterwards they will be searching all cars coming in for it. And anyone who does not have a ticket not to travel to the match or for fanzones.

I think thats because they do not want england fans coming in there thousands like 15 to 20k england fans in the stadiums and even more in the fans zones.

On 5/30/2016 at 22:42, B4ev6is said:

I have read that no achole before the our games 24 hours before and 24 hours afterwards they will be searching all cars coming in for it. And anyone who does not have a ticket not to travel to the match or for fanzones.

I think thats because they do not want england fans coming in there thousands like 15 to 20k england fans in the stadiums and even more in the fans zones.

I heard that they were banning people from drinking even if they're watching on tv at home. Best stock up on lemonade and orange juice...

Can confirm the rumours about no drinking in Lens were false, the only restriction is there's no drinking on the streets - alcohol still being served in pubs and in the fanzones etc.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10294513/no-alcohol-ban-for-england-wales-clash-at-euro-2016-in-lens

Missed out on tickets myself but heading down for three days to Paris on the 15th. Should catch the France game at the fanzone by the Eiffel tower and then heading down to Lille for the Wales game, 35K England and Wales fans should make for an incredible atmosphere!

Not arsed one bit about the fear some rags like the Star etc. are trying to push about terror threats, if you stop doing things you enjoy through fear then they're getting their way! It's probably the safest time to visit France anyway, security will be so tight. 

I literally can't wait! 

19 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I heard that they were banning people from drinking even if they're watching on tv at home. Best stock up on lemonade and orange juice...

I'm going to stream some illegal alcohol online.

On 30 May 2016 at 22:42, B4ev6is said:

When you're married there's no achole at all.

Even when Liverpool are at home.

On 30/05/2016 at 22:42, B4ev6is said:

Thought that was just one of the French cities that was enforcing this.

The England Wales game.... is effected making you think its because they have no segregation.....

but then I read they have the same ban in place for another group game not involving home nations

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Thats why i throught i mention it mate save anyone who is going any hassle. But i guess you could try and hide it in pop bottles but not worth trouble it will cause.

After the recent incidents in France, Germany etc, I can't see the security staff allowing bottles into the grounds. This is the first major tournament since all the recent bombings, it's been widely reported that the tournament is a target for the terrorists. The French police will be taking all the precautions necessary, security will be never like you've seen it before.

On 30 May 2016 at 22:42, B4ev6is said:

Think Sky sports news said ban is not true. 

On 3 June 2016 at 22:33, B4ev6is said:

Well thats what i ready no achole at all

It's fine there anyway. Loads of England fans going (last time in 98 we took around 40k with and without tickets.) this time it'll be more. Up the England :) 

Flying out Friday afternoon. Getting very exciting now. Though that's dampened a little in the sure and certain knowledge Roy will do everything he can to shoehorn Rooney into the team.

Have a great time in Marseille and beyond, everybody. Bon Chance!

Archived