A glimpse into the future....

First of all full credit to DW and all the boys tonight. Saturday cost us but tonight recovered some pride for the fans and was a valuable insight into the future.

Playing at tempo with 2 proper inside forwards running the channels made us far less predictable and opened up space for our midfield. All we really needed was a more mobile CF than Martin to complete the jigsaw. Once Weimann came off and Russell ran out of legs it was noticeable how little we created.

A fully mobile and pacy front 3 is the way to get out of this league and bizarre as it sounds Bent, Blackman and Camara might actually suit this system with Weimann and Russell better than than Martin and Ince. For me I've seen a glimpse of the future and combined with Hendrick playing a blinder in the holding role I'm ending the season with far more optimism than I thought on Saturday.

All we need now is an experienced manager who can build on tonight and put the final pieces of the jigsaw together - a system that can not only get us promoted but sustain us in the Premier League. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team needs to be built around the absolutely fantastic specimen of a footballer That is Will Hughes . What a player we have and tonight has just shown again how good he is ! Let's hope the premier league vulchers stay away . 

Jeff's Performance tonight has to be the most surprising thing of the whole season (albeit on the last game ) he was fantastic tonight .

On the not so positives still don't think Cyrus has enough , willing runner but final ball is just not good enough . 

Stick with me here , I'm rambling I know but I think unfortunately Chris Martin might be ready for a move on , and we look at a suitable replacement or two . 

Don't think we played our usual 4-3-3 with a dm tonight. Was more of a flat 4-3-3 with all of Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick pushing on but with Hendrick being the deepest when we lost possession. 

Usually we play this

Thorne

Bryson       Hughes

Today it was more like this

Bryson Hendrick Hughes

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don't think we played our usual 4-3-3 with a dm tonight. Was more of a flat 4-3-3 with all of Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick pushing on but with Hendrick being the deepest when we lost possession. 

Usually we play this

Thorne

Bryson       Hughes

Bryson Hendrick Hughes

Really. I thought it was more like this

Bryson                 Hendrick                                 Hughes

Goes to show how fans see things differently :lol:

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Usually we play this

Thorne

Bryson       Hughes

Bryson Hendrick Hughes

Hendrick was virtually sat between the two centre halves at times , and he was coming to get the ball off of the two centre halves too obviously distributing it a lot better . 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Really. I thought it was more like this

Bryson                 Hendrick                                 Hughes

Goes to show how fans see things differently :lol:

Aye. Don't think we played with a pure defensive mid either way. All 3 helped to defend whenever we lost the ball and pushed on when we had it. 

Well here's my glimpse into the future!

4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-1-2-3, 4-1-4-1, whatever..............this grumpy old git will still be at the Ipro in August following the ups and downs, the highs and lows, the expectations and disappointments, the excitement and frustrations and the Bovril and cheese pasties of this great football club and that my friends is definitely the "Derby way"

Archived