Pot holes in Allestree

Curtains

What's going on and why no repairs. 

Just went down a massive one on my bike on Kings  Croft  .

Holes in the roads everywhere in Allestree  

Accidents waiting to happen  

My back is really hurting right now from the jarring effect  

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Whose job is it to fix the roads? I havent noticed pot holes in allestree any worse than anywhere else, its the cutbacks I guess plus a couple of harsh winters. Blame the Tories, council (still labour?) Maggie thatcher,blame the parents, the EU, the immigrants, the Banks, or all of them.  

11 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Whose job is it to fix the roads? I havent noticed pot holes in allestree any worse than anywhere else, its the cutbacks I guess plus a couple of harsh winters. Blame the Tories, council (still labour?) Maggie thatcher,blame the parents, the EU, the immigrants, the Banks, or all of them.  

Blame Keogh.

21 hours ago, curtains said:

What's going on and why no repairs. 

Just went down a massive one on my bike on Kings  Croft  .

Holes in the roads everywhere in Allestree  

Accidents waiting to happen  

My back is really hurting right now from the jarring effect  

Derby City Council are responsible for repairs to potholes, I'm sure they are.

I recommend you go to the docs for your back then complain to the council about it, make sure it gets reported. They are to blame as they are not maintaining them, so see if you can claim compensation for any loss of earnings, damage to your bike, etc. 

http://www.derby.gov.uk/community-and-living/safety/pavements-personal%20injury/

8 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Stop electing right wing governments that cut budgets to local councils and try and sell everything off.  Allestree have elected 3 Tories and like Spondon nothing gets done.

That's because the majority on the council is Labour and they don't like Tory areas. 

They couldn't give a **** about Allestree. 

41 minutes ago, ladyram said:

Derby City Council are responsible for repairs to potholes, I'm sure they are.

I recommend you go to the docs for your back then complain to the council about it, make sure it gets reported. They are to blame as they are not maintaining them, so see if you can claim compensation for any loss of earnings, damage to your bike, etc. 

http://www.derby.gov.uk/community-and-living/safety/pavements-personal%20injury/

My back is ok now but no thanks to Derby City Council. 

Thanks for the information. 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Wasn't Allestree the place where debtors went because it was outside the legal boundaries of Derby at one time.

The potholes were caused by the pikey fookers digging holes to hide their money........

So they could spend it at a later date on the Horse Racing in Uttoxeter  lol.  

1 hour ago, curtains said:

That's because the majority on the council is Labour and they don't like Tory areas. 

They couldn't give a **** about Allestree. 

A majority of one, so fundamentally SFA gets done.

Sack the lot and run the City as a business, no political persuasion.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

My back is ok now but no thanks to Derby City Council. 

Thanks for the information. 

no its not, its hurting beyond belief...;)

I would take a photo of said pothole with a ruler bridging the hole, the damage to your £2000 chris boardman bike was beyond repair and you can no longer travel to work thus stopping you providing for your healthy living family (all veggies), you now have to pollute our green and pleasant land by traveling to work in your 6.0 litre mustang which up until now only occasionally nips to the local coop for cous cous and fair trade bananas...

no I haven't been drinking, do not take drugs and yes, I would make a fine solicitor :D

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lol 

Have a look at my cover photo on my profile and see just one of said pot holes. 

that's terrible mate, you find all drain covers are awful on a bike, you either have to go over the top (bmx styley) or go around the obstacle and clear up upcoming cars, no win situation..

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

that's terrible mate, you find all drain covers are awful on a bike, you either have to go over the top (bmx styley) or go around the obstacle and clear up upcoming cars, no win situation..

Been straight  over the handle bars in one of them lol. 

That shook me up a bit. 

Here's how it is.

Council services are pared to the bone because of cuts in central government funding. They simply can't afford to proactively have a team of people out and about searching for potholes to fix.

The key is that you can report all of these things on the council website, and then they miraculously get fixed. If they don't know about them then they don't get fixed. The list of stuff reported on the website effectively makes up the job sheet for the day

http://www.derby.gov.uk/report-it/

If you report it and it still doesn't get fixed, then by all means have a moan about the council, but I realise that it's the "Allestree way" to just moan about stuff with some sort of sense of entitlement that you don't have to actually do anything to help yourself. And that's not a personal dig by the way, I realise you were just posting chit-chat on a football forum, but I grew up in Allestree and if it's a dig at anyone, it's a dig at my parents :D

Archived