Paper tickets

Russell Ram

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

Just got mine now, bought play off ticket and got the email with ticket through 1 minute later. Printed off, origami folded and ready to go. First time printing off these paper tickets at home and I have been impressed so far with how smooth it was. 

It works well, I have in the past refused to do it mostly, as I object to being charged £1 to print using my own paper and ink. A good move to do it for free, it will save the TO all the hassle of queues etc...

54 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

Just got mine now, bought play off ticket and got the email with ticket through 1 minute later. Printed off, origami folded and ready to go. First time printing off these paper tickets at home and I have been impressed so far with how smooth it was. 

and even better still......just display the barcode from the pdf on ur phone and show at turnstile. That worked for me a couple if times. I did also have paper copy to hand just in case.

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

and even better still......just display the barcode from the pdf on ur phone and show at turnstile. That worked for me a couple if times. I did also have paper copy to hand just in case.

I imagine in a couple of years there will be no need for a ticket office and it will all go online/mobile. Mobile tickets, maybe on watches too will soon be standard I guess.

26 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

I imagine in a couple of years there will be no need for a ticket office and it will all go online/mobile. Mobile tickets, maybe on watches too will soon be standard I guess.

agreed. Clubs are just struggling with the timing of the technology change. We can currently exist without ticket office, using paper bar codes of display the barcode on a phone. but it relies on accurate data and a fully working website. I attended an fa cup game last season and the ticket I had was sold threw times over. Twice had people wanting me to move as they showed me their printed ticket. Yet I had an actual paper ticket. Stewards were not surprised as duplicate sales do happen. Bizarre but true.

will be at least ten years before we lose ticket offices.

16 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

"We" have two ST's , the play offs are not included, half informed :D

Imagine when buying cup tickets or play off tickets in the next season or two you will be actually able to get the entry "loaded" on to the card, more cost saving 

31 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Imagine when buying cup tickets or play off tickets in the next season or two you will be actually able to get the entry "loaded" on to the card, more cost saving 

That would be better, to be honest the way Hull are heading, pay monthly, you could just top up as you go along and be more selective 

32 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

That would be better, to be honest the way Hull are heading, pay monthly, you could just top up as you go along and be more selective 

Yeah, think clubs are getting more innovative..... Who'd have thought 10 years ago you'll wouldn't have someone on the turnstiles ripping your ticket at many stadium..... 

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

agreed. Clubs are just struggling with the timing of the technology change. We can currently exist without ticket office, using paper bar codes of display the barcode on a phone. but it relies on accurate data and a fully working website. I attended an fa cup game last season and the ticket I had was sold threw times over. Twice had people wanting me to move as they showed me their printed ticket. Yet I had an actual paper ticket. Stewards were not surprised as duplicate sales do happen. Bizarre but true.

will be at least ten years before we lose ticket offices.

Can you remember last time at Wembley where loads of fans tickets didn't work? There was nearly a riot trying to get a replacement ticket that day. Just sat down when the whistle blew for kick off

45 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Yeah, think clubs are getting more innovative..... Who'd have thought 10 years ago you'll wouldn't have someone on the turnstiles ripping your ticket at many stadium..... 

Iris scanning would be excellent, it would save the dcfc Twitter guru having to tweet constantly about age spot checking tickets every home fixture.

Archived