OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Fair point but if we don't pick up points in the opening 5 games with wassall in charge fans will start to talk with their feet

Oh well. I preferred it when we didn't have that extra 5,000 who were there because we were doing half decent.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

depends what it's full of. I want it full of proper fans, but I'd rather have 15000 singing their hearts out and backing the team and players, than have 32000 with half booing and being disloyal like nowadays.

There will never ever be 15,000 derby fans singing. It is only usually most of the south stand. Id ather there be fans booing than nothing at all and footballers will agree with this. There is nothing worse than playing in a quiet atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not at all. Wassall has already surpassed what Clough did with the majority of Clough's own signings.

I presume you mean by making the play offs. Pretty sure clough would of made the players given a team in February that was sat in 5th. And no, I'm not a big clough fan.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Fan revolt ? From who ? I very much doubt the vast majority of rams fans will "revolt" . 

There are plenty who are pretty revolting already, from where I am looking on. For instance the one who calls himself deanoakaramforlife. For life? Really? He's trying to start an insurrection already, and the f**king manager (6 pages from the end of the thread, so I'm not 100% certain about that) hasn't been appointed yet.

I've scraped better examples of loyalty off the bottom of my shoe.

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well I'd rather have Wassell than Sherwood, anyone who wades through a pitch full of Hull fans at Hull to acknowledge his club's supporters has got something about him in my book.

I don't think half our fans deserve as big a man as Darren Wassall.

Love how 'certain' fans know how to sort the wheat from the chaff when it comes to fan quality. Surely there is a way of banning band wagon jumpers, non singers, nay sayers and anyone who doesn't quite fit in.

Can we start by banning old ladies?

I don't really understand all the anger towards Wassall. You might not want him as manager, but to call him an idiot and a disaster is just out of line. I personally want Wassall as manager, but all this uncalled for toxicity against him makes me think that for the good of him and the team that he shouldn't be appointed.

3 minutes ago, CBE said:

Couldn't give a toss who the next manager is. It's the cricket season.

Watching Drawbyshire? 

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

You'll be happy with bringing back Paul Jewell?

He's probably be very happy with Mr Bean or Mr Blobby. ;) 

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

There will never ever be 15,000 derby fans singing. It is only usually most of the south stand. Id ather there be fans booing than nothing at all and footballers will agree with this. There is nothing worse than playing in a quiet atmosphere. 

Yeah I'm sure they love being abused, Chris Baird took so kindly to it didn't he when he told the East Stand where to go?

37 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

nice try, but no. I didn't renew during that season because I was laid off by Bombardier and got a job out of Derby that meant no midweek matches. Not sure how you gleaned that I didn't renew cos of Clough.

I can personally vouch for Mostyn on this. Between the two of us, the only one who didn't renew owing to personnel at the club was me - I refused to put a single penny into the coffers of the Three Amigos, and the day I returned was the Ted McMinn Testimonial, when that human dog crap had finally been scraped off the boot that is Derby County.

Archived