Echo

Gaspode

I've just listened to the Radio Derby sports news and they played the same interview twice (one being voiced by someone with an East Mids accent and the other by a Brummie) - to summarise, "first goal killed us - really pleased with the performance in the 2nd half"...

I'm not sure who should be more worried - us or the Brewers fans....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a friend who is a massive Brewers fan. His tweet last night went something very similar to the Rams tweets. Burton fans in meltdown. It's the Clough effect, turn something exciting into mundane and talk about it in a monotone drone zzzzz

Apart from this season quickly becoming a write off, should we also be worried about what Mel is going to do next?

We all seem to assume that he will bring in a manager/coach that fits his critiera, giving youth a chance, improving players etc....and who is to say that he still sees DW as the long term successor to the job?  Morris has given him the job in the first place, so there is every chance that he might stick with him, even more so in that he is after a manager that needs to conform with the "Derby way". 

Imagine that a Rodgers or Moyes says during their interview, that they will pick what the believe to be the best 11 to win a match, does that immediately rule them out? What if Pearson, says he wants to play a type of football that will get us promoted based on clean sheets, does he get turfed out of the interview room by his ear for even daring to suggest such a audacious idea?

I see a lot of NC in Mel, in that it's his way or the highway.

Archived