Anything can happen

BottrillRAM

As we've seen from today, Boro lost 2-1 to Blackburn which just goes to show that this league is full of surprises. Although I think that automatics is out of our reach, I reckon we still may be able to get promoted through the play-offs if we carry on with out form under Wassall! 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

As we've seen from today, Boro lost 2-1 to Blackburn which just goes to show that this league is full of surprises. Although I think that automatics is out of our reach, I reckon we still may be able to get promoted through the play-offs if we carry on with out form under Wassall! 

With our apparent fitness levels I shudder to imagine how we would cope with an elongated season and 3 more matches unless we'd tied a place up with a few games to spare. 

Yeah, right. 

That's 1 win in Boro's last 7 games. Hull, Burnley and Brighton are all due their bad patches yet (trust me). The question is have the Rams finished their bad spell. As Darren had enough time with 4 games plus all the training time with the 1st team to work out his best starting 11 and style, formation of play. I do think we need to win 9 of our last 12 matches to gain a top 2 spot. This is the time to hit top form until the end of the season. You might think I'm clutching at straws but if the likes of us and Boro can lose to teams in the bottom half of the table so can the others. Nerves also play a part now most teams are down to a dozen games to go. Also teams near the bottom start putting up a fight and the games you expect to win end up being a draw or even a defeat. Also keys games to go are Brum v Hull, Boro v Hull, Derby v Hull, Burnley V Boro, Boro v Ipswich, Brum v Boro, Boro V Brighton, Brighton V Sheff W, Brighton v Burnley, Brum, v Brighton, Brighton v Derby, Burnley v Cardiff, Brum v Burnley, Sheff W v Ipswich, Derby v Sheff W, Sheff W v Cardiff, Cardiff v Ipswich, Cardiff v Derby and Derby v Ipswich. These are just games against the top 9 teams who could all finish in the top 6 slots. They all have teams to play that are requiring points to stay in the Championship.    

Could you pick the two teams that are going to finish 1st and 2nd, also who will win promotion at Wembley. Its who can hit form from now until the end of the season that will succeed. Don't forget, Luck, injuries, Refs decisions will all take effect into the outcomes.

41 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Can't with just accept we're fighting for a play off place and be done with all this top 2 nonesence? Wemberley Wemberley....

If we are not going to finish in the top 2. Where do you think we will finish then, cos I don't know.

Given the last two months, I would be happy if we finished 5th. We would play 4th over two legs and then Wembley in one game it would be anyone's chance and with the squad we have, I am sure teams would worry about playing us in the playoffs. 

I can see Cardiff getting in the playoffs ahead of us.

Don't care too much anyway if we don't deserve to go up this season and if by some miracle we did go up through the playoffs then surely that would be exactly what Mel Morris is trying to avoid! (Not promotion as a whole, but premature promotion when we're not ready)

46 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Wherever we finish, dw will declare himself "delighted ", the players will have been "outstanding" individually and the team performance will have been "brilliant ".

And even if we did finish top 2, some of our fans would still say DW is a 'yes man' 'out of his depth' and we only went up because 'the opposition was poor'.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And even if we did finish top 2, some of our fans would still say DW is a 'yes man' 'out of his depth' and we only went up because 'the opposition was poor'.

Well we need to up our game a bit I think to beat teams playing well consistently. 

Blackburn played quite well and we managed to see them off but it wasn't exactly confidence inspiring. We've still got some tough games to play and chances are that playing well for one half then hanging on is not a strategy with a high chance of success. 

9 hours ago, BottrillRAM said:

"Anything can happen....except the automatics, that won't happen..."

Archived