Mother's Day

Wolfie

Around this time every year, me & the missus have the same argument.

Should I get her a mother's day card - from me, I mean, not from our daughter?.

She says I should but I say she's not my mother. I will get my mother a card and present and my daughter (well, me really, as she is only 3) will get my wife the same.

"Aaah, but I am a mother. The mother of your child!", says she.

"Yes, but you're not my mother".....etc .......etc.....

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

One of those strange ones in some families.

I'll bet you get a father's day card?

No because I set the precedent by not getting her one.

I suppose part of this comes from my dislike of greetings cards of any description really. You give Hallmark £3 for a bit of coloured card that'll actually get looked at for maybe 5 seconds, spend a week gathering dust on a shelf (and periodically falling over) and then get chucked in the recycling.

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

No because I set the precedent by not getting her one.

I suppose part of this comes from my dislike of greetings cards of any description really. You give Hallmark £3 for a bit of coloured card that'll actually get looked at for maybe 5 seconds, spend a week gathering dust on a shelf (and periodically falling over) and then get chucked in the recycling.

Card factory get a pretty one  for 49p just say your daughter chose it. Fsghbrnffbdhnd hdhrokelskf jdbd  hjjdks

Balls misses just saw me type that :lol:

All these days are just a "fake day " surely you don't need 1 day dedicated to show your mother / father how much you appreciate them!  Same with valentines ! Just a commercial scam . Anyway rant over I'm just popping to tesco to get my mum a card , then pick a card up for each of my kids to give my mrs ? !

My ma's birthday on the 5th too, so alus costs me more cos she expects a gift for both. And cards. Got to get nice cards with 'a nice verse', she likes the ones that are like books, you know them with about 10 pages and a 'nice verse' on each one? 

Still. You only get one mum I suppose....

My purse is grateful.

Flowers sorted card sorted and few gifts sorted and booked nice restaurant near my sister house this Sunday for meals with family so all good. :) 

PistoldPete2

I often call my wife mama ... and I think sending cards is going out of fashion so the kids wont bother.. so sending her a mothers day card as usual this year.

Archived