Only 1 real bad mistake

archied

Mel has only made 1 real mistake ,,, the more worrying thing is he has made it twice, appointing under qualified inexperienced personnel for the vital most important position at the club MANAGER,,, to compound this he is in real danger of losing the fans by stating wassel is on trial till the end of the season to see if he can win the job full time and promotion is not a priority,,, Derby is a football town , Mel should know that ,,, the fans are passionate but are also capable of being patient if they can see promise and direction , me I have no problem with making the mistake with clement then appointing wassell as interim but come out and say interim while we find the best possible man for the most important role in the clubs development ,,,, I really hope beyond hope that Mel and rush are working tirelessly to find the right man to take us forward and out of this frustrating underperformance mess,,,, Derby fans call a spade a spade so please for our sakes come out and publicly ask for Derby fans patience as you work on bringing in the right man who you already have a few people in mind and are working on if that is the case ,give us some hope and a clear direction ,,, if it's not the case then I'm lost for words

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can add that but to be fair that can happen and we don't really know the exact details leading up to the sacking so more inclined to forgive that one

Think the wasted 25 mill comes from the first mistake ie a proper manager with experience of what he wants spent , on which position and his choice of player

6 minutes ago, archied said:

Think the wasted 25 mill comes from the first mistake ie a proper manager with experience of what he wants spent , on which position and his choice of player

And it will affect future managers with the constraints of ffp

Well I think Mel has the right to make mistakes.. having made a billion dollars on candy crush... but... .

appointing a new manager with no experience of being number 1 is big gamble and whether it could have worked we will ever know because clement was sacked after only a few months. I have no confidence at all in wassall as a manager, and i think it was definitely a mistake to appoint him.     

As for the transfer signings i dont know who was responsible for them, but it was always Sam Rush and mel morris who were involved in the photos,  hardly ever the manager. Quite a few of those signings look like being very expensive mistakes, and they certainly will be if we dont get a proper manager to get the best out of them.

5 minutes ago, Stoneyram69 said:

DW is at this rate going to pi$$ every Derby fan off and not even go back to the u21. 

Where it is showing he is out of his depth. 

Ex red dog will soon be coming up 

I hope I've read this right but may be the team selection.  The tactics the substitutions and general crap Ness of how we're playing may be an indication that he's out of his depth. 

Please Mr Morris,it is time now to act,you need to get in a manager who can sort this mess out,and give someone a chance to have 12/14 games before we get to the end of the season,so that hopefully we make the playoffs he will know who our key players are and will be able to motivate those players for the tough battle that is the playoffs.I am sorry to say it but your present manager hasn't the experience,the same as your previous man.Now is the time to appoint somebody who has experience in this league and has succesfully managed a team in the Championship,I would look no further than a certain Nigel Pearson,but please,please act now.

Yes I do think the first mistake/ gamble on PC has had a domino effect and I think the question of who brings players in is easily sorted by having a strong manager,,, don't think for one moment a Nigel Pearson would put up with having players foisted on him that he did not want, my one nagging worry is that Mel has now twice in succession appointed inexperience and I'm hoping the first was a genuine mistake and the second was a smokescreen covering activity going on behind the scenes to appoint a proper manager and not a policy to get a push over yes man ,,,,,, a good manager is vital , you will never get success without that vital ingredient , you can buy all the players you want but without the right manager it just will not work , the next appointment will tell us everything we need to know about Mel Morris as Derby owner

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

In the mistakes stakes you also have to add he should not have let it get to the stage where PC was sacked with no replacement lined up.

I suspect the sacking wasnt planned. Something came to light and Mel had no other choice than to sack Clement....hence no replacement being lined up. 

We do, however, desperately need a quality proven manager appointed as soon as possible....or this will become a real crisis

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

In the mistakes stakes you also have to add he should not have let it get to the stage where PC was sacked with no replacement lined up.

Something of great magnitude has to have taken place for the removal of PC with no thought whatsoever given in terms of his immediate replacement. 

We will never know what exactly went on all we do know is we have replaced an inexperienced manager with an even lesser experienced manager, beggars belief to be honest. 

We are a big club with high expectations placed upon it over recent times, it's now time to seek out a manager with the right pedigree to take us on to the next level. 

Unfortunatly we aren't going to get to that next level through an up and coming rookie manager, so thanks for your interest DW but don't call us we will call you. 

Theres still time to rescue this mental season and turn it into something positive. 

As the above post says , this is really one mental season,,, when you come to think of it ,it has to be right up there with the most bizarre times at Derby ,not saying worst times but the most baffling frustrating un fathomable times, yes we have had really bad times but you could fathom out what was going on ,, ie the amigos ,we all knew the club was being milked ,,, maxwell,we all knew what he was about , Lionel , I still have affection for Lionel as a Derby fan and owner,  but this season is barking ,I fully believe Mel is Derby fan and means well for the club and hopefully it will work out but I can't for the life of me figure any owner or Derby fan being so comfortable to let a position of being well placed and in the hunt for promotion just fade away as if it means nothing with a youth team coach on a trial for the job that even if by some quirk these players not assembled by him go up he could be considered the right man to take us forward in the premiership?     Bizarre ,,, come on Mel Derby look lost ,, the fans are lost and confused we need a sign from you that you are not lost ant there is a proper plan being worked on behind the scenes

6 minutes ago, archied said:

Bizarre ,,, come on Mel Derby look lost ,, the fans are lost and confused we need a sign from you that you are not lost ant there is a proper plan being worked on behind the scenes

Thing is if there isn't another manager lined up anything Mel says now will just make things worse. #bizzaroindeed

I've been told that he has approached both Brendan Rodgers and Nigel Pearson after relieving Clement of his duties. However, both are reluctant to give up their substantial compensation packages to come here. I hope the latter decides to change his mind but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Archived