KP stays to help interim boss Wassall Sky Sports understand

Curtains

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only we'd had a recognised left back to come in when Forsyth was injured, it might all have been different.....

"He spent £21.5m on players but remember, the club sanctioned those sales. He has had problems with injuries and with Craig Forsyth out for the season, he had not had a recognised left-back. "

5 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

If only we'd had a recognised left back to come in when Forsyth was injured, it might all have been different.....

"He spent £21.5m on players but remember, the club sanctioned those sales. He has had problems with injuries and with Craig Forsyth out for the season, he had not had a recognised left-back. "

Is Warnock not a recognised left back? 

Re KP - thank God his work in instructing the strikers how to score goals can continue, I don't know what we'd have done without that hatful of goals over the last month or so....

Just now, StaffsRam said:

Re KP - thank God his work in instructing the strikers how to score goals can continue, I don't know what we'd have done without that hatful of goals over the last month or so....

I know, we made so many quality chances for Martin and Bent as well. Definitely his fault.

18 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

11 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Shows the quality of sports journos at Sky... Warnock not exactly an unknown is he?

Just now, tomsdubs said:

They aren't immune but they had nothing, the whole style of play isolated them so bad is was ridiculous.

They had little. Not nothing. Which I grant, is a damning indictment of our creative midfielders/wingers, and as I say, there's plenty of blame there as well. The most blame in fact. However, it also doesn't ordinarily take a vast amount of chances to be created in order for our strikers to convert. Bent, for one, has certainly had opportunities, and Hartlepool aside, hasn't taken them.

9 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

They had little. Not nothing. Which I grant, is a damning indictment of our creative midfielders/wingers, and as I say, there's plenty of blame there as well. The most blame in fact. However, it also doesn't ordinarily take a vast amount of chances to be created in order for our strikers to convert. Bent, for one, has certainly had opportunities, and Hartlepool aside, hasn't taken them.

I'm talking about chances created not games played. Two very different things. Preston at home, 16 shots 0 on target. How many good chances for Martin in that game did you see? Pull backs, good crosses, worked triangles around the box etc.

11 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Would have been nuts to get rid of KP as well.

I don't know why but I've come to expect better from you, Daveo :lol:

3 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I'm talking about chances created not games played. Two very different things. Preston at home, 16 shots 0 on target. How many good chances for Martin in that game did you see? Pull backs, good crosses, worked triangles around the box etc.

You're arguing a point that I've already agreed with - the midfield aren't giving them ammunition. Granted. 

How many times did Martin have the ball in their half? Hadn't used to be that he was 100% reliant on something putting it on a plate for him. 

Likewise, Bent, how many decent opportunities (goalscoring chances, not starts) has he had? Not a massive amount, but the one's he's had, he's not done much with. Many being similar chances to ones that he was scoring for fun last season. 

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

You're arguing a point that I've already agreed with - the midfield aren't giving them ammunition. Granted. 

How many times did Martin have the ball in their half? Hadn't used to be that he was 100% reliant on something putting it on a plate for him. 

Likewise, Bent, how many decent opportunities (goalscoring chances, not starts) has he had? Not a massive amount, but the one's he's had, he's not done much with. Many being similar chances to ones that he was scoring for fun last season. 

I get where you're coming from but I just can't remember any chances thinking "Man, he should have buried that". Right now I can't think of any for either striker.

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I get where you're coming from but I just can't remember any chances thinking "Man, he should have buried that". Right now I can't think of any for either striker.

Just off the top of my head there are a couple of obvious ones for Bent - Fulham at home, hit the bar off of Ince's cut back, and Bristol City at home where he headed against the bar, unopposed, from 2 yards out after a great cross completely took out their keeper.

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

I would be really disappointed if Kevin Phillips has been employed to tell professional footballers 'how to score goals'

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would be really disappointed if Kevin Phillips has been employed to tell professional footballers 'how to score goals'

Probably subscribes to the Michael Owen school of instruction - "Duh, well...you're best off aiming for the part of the goal where the Keeper isn't....duh...."

Archived